I-8 Lane restrictions in place

Brian Thorn

Premier Member
Just a heads-up in case anyone was planning a San Diego / JAX 50CC.

TRAVEL ALERT: Plan for delays on westbound Interstate 8 at California line12/22/2017

Having trouble viewing this email? https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/AZDOT/bulletins/1ce3992

TRAVEL ALERT: Plan for delays on westbound Interstate 8 at California line
Consider alternate routes to avoid delays with a westbound lane closed on Colorado River bridge
Drivers heading to Yuma and Southern California for Christmas should plan for delays on Interstate 8 with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) closing one of the two westbound lanes on the bridge over the Colorado River near downtown Yuma.
According to Caltrans, the right-lane closure on the bridge will remain in place until an emergency maintenance repair project is completed in January. For updates, visit the Caltrans website and click on the link for District 11 – Imperial and San Diego counties.
Motorists bound for Southern California may wish to consider using I-10 and allow extra time because of heavy holiday traffic.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Just a heads-up in case anyone was planning a San Diego / JAX 50CC.
... Caltrans closing one of the two westbound lanes on the I-8 bridge over the Colorado River near downtown Yuma. According to Caltrans, the right-lane closure on the bridge will remain in place until an emergency maintenance repair project is completed in January.
Also, construction continues on westbound I-8 after crossing into California. The following is from Caltrans ...
"I-8 IS CLOSED TO WESTBOUND TRAFFIC FROM 6.9 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF SR 186 /AT OGILBY RD/ TO THE JCT OF SR 186 (IMPERIAL CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 1800 HRS ON 2/16/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE"

No added distance, just a little more time with the reduced speed limit.
... Dave