I wonder how they did these???

HACKLE

Brookster, a couple of the riders were police officers and they had another two plods in a panel van following as back up. Also back then there was no speed cameras and not the police presence on the main interstates. If you started in Melbourne, your first day finished in Cairns. Second I think was Darwin. Then on the west coast somewhere. Then a big push for home. A friend from Albury, Malcolm Price, tried two years in a row on his BMW. Crashed both times in the Territiory. A couple of Australian Motorcycle News back there was a good wrap up on all those that tried it.

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
...setting out on an Hodaka 125. Obvious choice for the circumnavigation of a continent.

Yes, we knew of Hodaka back in Sweden, mid seventies - eventhough they where never sold here.
"Combat Wombat" is the kind of name that tends to stick in a teenagers mind... :D

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Frank Wheeler.
If its the same Frank Wheeler Im familier with he now rides a 1000cc Varidero and suits the time frame well. I must ask next time we meet.
Chris Peckham? May be the brother of Lorry who competed in the Olimpics as a HighJumper. was my Gym master from 71 to 75 or 6.
Small world,
Tex O'Grady...Is that our Tex and Bundy?