IBA 4 Corners???

Paul Knight

Premier Member
I believe I already know the answer, but it seems that the IBA does not certify a 4 corners ride.

I am working on finalizing my 48/10 and was thinking since I will close to most of the corners I could combine them together.

thoughts ?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I believe I already know the answer, but it seems that the IBA does not certify a 4 corners ride.

I am working on finalizing my 48/10 and was thinking since I will close to most of the corners I could combine them together.

thoughts ?
You are correct.

The USA Four Corners Motorcycle Tour is sponsored by the Southern California Motorcycling Association (SCMA), as is the Three Flags Rally (a border-to-border ride). They have a Web site for the ride at

http://sc-ma.com/rides/usa-four-corners-tour-site

It's a very fun ride. If you do it, be sure to stop by the Four Corners Tour monument in Madawaska, ME.

So although the IBA doesn't sponsor such a ride, you could apply for the SCMA award.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

pihlo

12 Days? 12Days!
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
There exist two 4-Corner IBA Rides...... But the starting points are fare away from you... ;)

The 4 corner Germany and the 4 corner Austria....

Alan Doak

Premier Member
Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 8.48.28 PM.png
And I'm quite keen to get a 4 Corners New Zealand started, and recognised by the IBA... The more difficult would be 4 Corners of the North Island, and then 4 Corners of the South Island.

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
View attachment 537
And I'm quite keen to get a 4 Corners New Zealand started, and recognised by the IBA... The more difficult would be 4 Corners of the North Island, and then 4 Corners of the South Island.
Well, you can always suggest it. But we normally ask that the person doing the suggesting actually do the ride. And there is no guarantee we will recognize it as a standard IBA ride - that is entirely up to Mike.

If you do submit it as a ride, please note that you should only specify the points that need to be touched (as opposed to specifying an exact route, although in NZ the possibilities are somewhat limited) and the time limit that should be applied. Note that we would count the time on the ferry ride between the North and South Islands as part of the time limit, but not the distance.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Alan Doak

Premier Member
Thanks Ira, I might have a go over the summer and see if I can come up with something. New Zealand is a strange shape in that 4 Corners of both islands looks too simple. If it's 4 Corners of each island it's more of a challenge. Interestingly Cape Reinga in the North Island is both the most northern tip of the island as well as the most western, so two checkpoints in one!

4Corners-North-South.png