IBA Australia Memorial Rides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmie

Hey All,

I know each year there was a ride organised primarily by Toura to Wilmington - The Memorial Ride.

Will there be said ride organised for 2016?
If so, is there an indication of the date (as I need to book way in advance for this one to get the leave).

I'm not starting this thread to dig up the past or open wounds. I purely would like to ride for the memory of a man that I had the honour of knowing and sharing the road with......it's that simple.

Thanks in advance.
Kimmie

Kimmie

Thanks everyone!!!

I couldn't find a thread about it to read up on the rules and regs (assuming there are some). If you could point me in the right direction, I'll be on my way.
:)

Rusjel

Premier Member
I'll be there this year after being at sea last year.

I'll honour John at Euston, Davo at the memorial and looking forward to lifting a glass in memory of Pat as well.

Unable to commit, Nurse Unit manager is retiring and roster system is stuffed, at this stage apart from Moree and Parkes dont know what days off I can get. Will just have to wait and see.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Nico (Mark Nicoll IBA#38033; FR#174)
Bazz and Liz - room booked.
Rusjel - room booked hotel
Jeffrey (jeffthechef IBA # 57842 FR # 818)- Room Booked

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Gatey... no room booked yet. EDIT... room booked for three on Saturday night. TK is most likely in and perhaps Cape?

Last edited:

Kimmie

Thanks TJ.
Now to print off and start the reading and make sure I get all the doco's correct. And start the plan for my SS1600 and book somewhere for Friday night (morning....oh dear, it's going to be another long day/night in the saddle).

Gatey... no room booked yet. EDIT... room booked for three on Saturday night. TK is most likely in and perhaps Cape?
Kimmie - room booked for Sat night (with a note "female" in case another female requires to share)

Reader57

Once again the dates coincides with the anniversary of one of my long term mate's suicide (fifth anniversary) which will be remembered at Silverton, NSW again. However, this year, I will register for Howard's Memorial Ride 2016 and complete a SS1600 over Friday and Saturday. Then I will partake of Peter's hospitality at the Silverton Pub.

Daisy

Premier Member
Kimmie - room booked for Sat night (with a note "female" in case another female requires to share)
Daisy and Reg - room booked

Skidoo

Premier Member
Skidoo & ? Hagar - room booked, advised stocks or red being replenished

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Reg and Daisey! Ok...hmmm...I have an easy route planned. Do you want to join me? Or pick me up along the way - I'm overnighting (4 hours) in Tailem Bend.
I'd better book a room too.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
This be The Davo Jones Memorial Ride on this date to Wilmington S.A
Good to see other rides to remember others in this time window and Howards great work to keep this memorial rides program in order and a regular feature each year.
I stil have a work in progress.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Skidoo & ? Hagar - room booked, advised stocks or red being replenished
Kiwimartin - nothing organised other than a plan to be there

Status
Not open for further replies.