IBA European Tour 2018 August 8th - August 12th

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
2 in 1 is what I think Dan....the scandi for newbies that want to try a rally and have a little taste of the atmosphere .....
Yes!
..and no. :)
We are indeed running the two events parallel to each other, but the 24h IBA Scandinavian Rally is in no way just limited to newbies.

Some experienced riders are more comfortable with the more dense 24h format, and some others just might not be able to spare the number of days needed for the multiday event.

So, we expect a good mix of rookies, newbies and experienced riders in the IBA Scandinavian Rally - but the two rallies are two different entities, and are held parallel just to boost our efficiency.

This is the shedule for us who arranges the two rallies:

Wednesday August 8th pm
Check-in + Riders meeting IBA European Tour 72h

Thursday 9th Morning

Start IBA European Tour 72h

Thursday 9th pm
Check-in + Riders meeting IBA Scandinavian Rally 24h

Friday 10th Morning
Start IBA Scandinavian Rally 24h

Saturday 11th Morning

Finish IBA Scandinavian Rally 24h

Saturday 11th am + pm

Scoring + prize giving ceremony IBA Scandinavian Rally 24h

Sunday 12th Morning

Finish IBA European Tour 72h

Sunday 12th am + pm

Scoring + prize giving ceremony IBA European Tour 72h

...and no, you can not register and participate in the two events simultaneously.
Yes, we have had the question already. Like less than three hours after the 24h rally was announced... :rolleyes:

Could someone tell me how I can transfer the rally fee with Paypal? Paypal gives a pop up telling me it is only possible to pay when using some link on a website. But I can't find any website or link to pay the fee.

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
Could someone tell me how I can transfer the rally fee with Paypal? Paypal gives a pop up telling me it is only possible to pay when using some link on a website. But I can't find any website or link to pay the fee.

Nope, no such requirement from us.
Paypal seems to be taking initiatives we have not asked for.

I will try to make contact with them.
In the mean while, please try again, and let us know the result.

Nope, no such requirement from us.
Paypal seems to be taking initiatives we have not asked for.

I will try to make contact with them.
In the mean while, please try again, and let us know the result.
I tried again 4 times but every time the same message. Paypal's advise is that you send a payment request to me: "info (at-sign) impactcamp.eu". Please ad the Paypal costs to the total fee for rider and pillion.

Thank you,
John Dreuning

Last edited:

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
Sorry for... ...well... ...on behalf of Paypal. :)
We have your entry noted, but need to sort this issue with Paypal out.
I doubt that we can have it settled before Sylvester, but let's hope for it!

I will send you a mail, and also post here when we have an explanation.

beemerbird

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi

I am also having the same problem! Tried heaps of times, using both "Send to Friend" and also "Pay for Services". Same result each time. Email sent to Rally admins.

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
So, the PayPal issue is, if not solved just yet, so at least we have managed to get an explanation.
Our account has been freezed due to "abnormal activity".
Boy! is the ET-18 popular!

Apparently we fit the international terrorist-funding MO with an account that is set idle for a longer period, and then suddenly starts generating money from many different countries.
We are simply put on.

Normally, this would have been an easy process - just presenting us, telling them who we are and what we do.

...or, as in our case - simply telling them which kind of terrorist we are.
Hope to be open for business soon. Bluto has promised to do the presentation.

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
PayPal issue is solved and off the table!

If you have not paid yet, this is a good time to do it.
If you have not registred yet, well - then this is a good time to do it!

We have more registred riders tha we expected at this stage, and it looks as we will forced to pull out the dreaded bar somewhere in the future. The ones that has completed their registration by paying the fee holds a secure place in the rally.

ah the wonders of the electronic world could not remember fully so double checking confirms paypal has sent money to IBA Sweden and I have conformation of hotel bookings have printed of hard copy now, you always need a back up plan (and a tent)

IBA Sweden

IBA Sweden
Staff member
Quiet indeed, but hard at work...

Flag.jpg

One member of the team is scouting out north
One member is ... somewhere ... combining work and scouting
One member is tracking down printing companies
As for myself, I am wearing out my fingers on a pair of scissors and crunching spreadsheets

All in all: All under control. Sort of. Like it should be.

/Benny