IBA Mile Eater Program - Feed Your Passion!

HardTxRider

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The Iron Butt Association Mile Eater Program acknowledges members who complete multiple certified rides. Earn your place at the table and join some of the world's hungriest long-distance riders. Eat those miles one certified ride at a time and be sure not to bite off more than your Iron Butt can handle.

Mile Eater "Plates" - Wet your appetite with these different Mile Eater levels. Each one more difficult than the last and clearly designating the hungrier hard core riders. Take a look at your current IBA certification resume', as you may already qualify for one or more levels.
  1. Mile Eater: Two or more certified rides gets you in the Program. Be sure to visit the IBA eStore and pick up Mile Eater T-shirts, pins and other cool swag.
  2. BRONZE: Bronze status is earned by completing at least FIVE certified rides, of which 2 must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn Bronze status over several years).
  3. SILVER: Silver status is earned by completing at least FIVE certified rides, of which 2 must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration, in ONE YEAR OR one certified ride per month during a one year period (12 rides in 12 months - one per month)
  4. GOLD: GOLD status is earned by completing at least TWENTY certified rides, of which FIVE must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn GOLD status over several years).
  5. Platinum: PLATINUM status is earned by completing at least FORTY certified rides, of which TEN must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn PLATINUM status over several years).
  6. Titanium: TITANIUM status is earned by completing at least SIXTY certified rides, of which FIFTEEN must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn TITANIUM status over several years).
  7. DIAMOND: DIAMOND status is earned by completing at least ONE HUNDRED certified rides, of which TWENTY-FIVE must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn DIAMOND status over several years).
  8. BLACK:BLACK status is earned by completing at least TWO HUNDRED certified rides, of which ONE HUNDRED must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn BLACK status over several years).
See the IBA Mile Eater Program web page for complete details and application instructions.

Last edited:
BunBurner in Sept. 2010, joined IBA in Feb. 2011, and did JAX 1000 in March.
Bronze requirements done March 2012 (BBG going to JAX, BBG back to MI.)
Silver certificate received at Big As Texas Party in 2013
Gold certificate received last month, December 2015

For those middle age riders, or senior's that hesitate, I rode 3 BBG's (1 in Oct. and 2 in Nov.) and turned 76 last month on Dec. 1st. I still find 22 hour BBG's, with the help of a 5 gallon aux. fuel tank, to be no problem. Hoping to knock out 5 more BBG's this year. Then win the Platinum before I get old. ;)

gramps

Last edited:

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Still Munching the miles and hopefully 2016 will help the Mile Eater journey ...

2013 Bronze
2013 Silver
2014 Gold
2014 Silver
2015 Silver
2016 Silver
2016 Platinum
2017 Silver ... Paperwork

Last edited:
I have Bronze and Gold Awards. Don't know if I can achieve Platinum or Silver. But I might just try this year.

Dave Nelson
Bloomington, MN
IBA Premier #7948
You can receive the Gold without first getting a Silver ??
I was under the impression that they must be attained sequentially.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Gas Guy, BigDaddy

You don't need Silver to progress within the Mile Eater Program

Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Titanium etc can be attained over the years so you can go from Bronze to Gold and up.

Silver is rides within a 12 month period.
As you can see I opted to start my Silver rides January 1st to December 31st which then lets me see my year ride list.
it happen that my Gold happened within the Year.

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm going for bronze this yr, I'm afraid of failure trying to do a BBG.
I had that concern when I did my BBG a few years ago. I planned my route as a double out-and-back. I'll explain a little further.

Since I live in the quad cities in IA (point A), I found that a round trip to Mitchell, SD (point B) and back gave me a SaddleSore route. I then found a route with a turnaround about 250 miles out, in my case, Crawfordsville, IN (point C). So after returning from SD, I could bail at home and still net a SS1K, or (as I did) continue with my plan and bag my BBG1500. So my route went like this: Point A - Point B - Point A - Point C - Point A. I didn't really stop back at the house in the middle, but when I went by, the sun was still up and I knew that I was in good shape. It was quite the security blanket, and I didn't have to spend money on a hotel.

Now to find time to do a 50CC!