IBA Mile Eater Program - Feed Your Passion!

Jeff Luke

Premier Member
I'm interested in trying for a Silver or Gold this year but I don't have the Gold or Insanity rides done.
The official ride list shows very few ride options: BBG, TransCanadaGold, GreatLakesGold, Border to Border Insanity.
Are there other rides not listed that qualify for the Gold/insanity or another list of rides published elsewhere?

Thanks,

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I want to get my bronze, but I don't know if I can do a bbg, I can stay up that long but I don't know if I could keep the pace up.

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I was reading about the bronze cert, I have two ss1k's, do i one more of those and two bbg's? It says 48 or more hr in duration, could that be back to back ss's, do one, sleep then another one the next day?

spearman

Premier Member
To clarify, it states "or greater than 48 hours in duration". 48 hours would not meet the criterion. A 50cc would, but a ss2k would not.

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
" greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation" what does without a time limitation mean, what kind of ride would that be?

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
" greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation" what does without a time limitation mean, what kind of ride would that be?
Without Time limitation means it can be done over years if required
This is for
Bronze
Gold
Platinum
Titanium
Diamond
Black

Time limit is for Silver Only ... 12 months from the 1st ride you want to register as your start ride
You can also apply for a silver every 12 months if you want to put this as part of your Yearly goal.

Greater than 48hrs are rides like SS3000, SS5000 & upwards taking more than 48 hour to ride.

Hope this helps ...

Last edited:

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
Without Time limitation means it can be done over years if required
This is for
Bronze
Gold
Platinum
Titanium
Diamond
Black

Time limit is for Silver Only ... 12 months from the 1st ride you want to register as your start ride
You can also apply for a silver every 12 months if you want to put this as part of your Yearly goal.

Greater than 48hrs are rides like SS3000, SS5000 & upwards tacking more than 48 hour to ride.

Hope this helps ...

Ok, I understand now, thanks.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Question on the requirement for X rides that are GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration.

Does a National Parks Tour, Pressed Penny Challenge, or Lighthouse Challenge count towards this?

Also, how about an Eggsanity Gold ?

Chris

jackie

Premier Member
Am I correct that my SS3000, 50CC and 3 SS1000's would get me this level?
  1. BRONZE: Bronze status is earned by completing at least FIVE certified rides, of which 2 must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn Bronze status over several years).

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Question on the requirement for X rides that are GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration.

Does a National Parks Tour, Pressed Penny Challenge, or Lighthouse Challenge count towards this?

Also, how about an Eggsanity Gold ?

Chris
Hi Chris, Ref above.. I can't speak for the National Parks Tour, Pressed Penny Challenge, or Lighthouse Challenge as I have not done them and not seen/read the rules however
the EggSanity is a Themed ride set to an SS1000 with sub categories within it.. Standard, Silver & Gold for the challenge.

I see this ride as SS1000 towards my MileEater....

Mike, Ira or Howard may be able to help further

Am I correct that my SS3000, 50CC and 3 SS1000's would get me this level?
  1. BRONZE: Bronze status is earned by completing at least FIVE certified rides, of which 2 must be GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration without a time limitation (you can earn Bronze status over several years).
I have read somewhere (Can't find it now) that Mike Kneebone was going to look at including the 50CC Gold into the MileEater qualifying status of ( GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration )
But understand that at the moment it's only counted as a normal ride Like the SS2000 ...

Again

Mike, Ira or Howard may be able to help further

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have read somewhere (Can't find it now) that Mike Kneebone was going to look at including the 50CC Gold into the MileEater qualifying status of ( GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration )
But understand that at the moment it's only counted as a normal ride Like the SS2000 ...
Since 50 hours is greater than 48 I'd imagine that it is counted as one of the "5 GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration"

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Since 50 hours is greater than 48 I'd imagine that it is counted as one of the "5 GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration"
Not wanting to spread miss-information at all Chris .... I had a Typo should have been 50CC not 50CC Gold

'I have read somewhere (Can't find it now) that Mike Kneebone was going to look at including the 50CC into the MileEater qualifying status of ( GOLD or INSANITY level or greater than 48 hours in duration )'

I agree the 50CC is > 48hrs ..... however the mileage and difficulty is not like a BBG1500 or SS2000 Gold /36hrs and above. This is why I believe they were looking into it.

I need to search for the info again it's been a while ...

Hopefully the thread may prompt Mike K & Co to help a bit more

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hope this Helps ...

Ref 50CC ...

Found some Data New Forum and Old Forum from Ira...

/////////////////

21st Feb 2016
Ira Response to a 50CC Question
Believe it or not, the 50cc is not considered an extreme ride - its essentially back-to-back Saddlesore 1000's. So there are no prerequisite rides.

/////////////////////////

19th September 2015

imjinscout wrote:
Does the lighthouse challenge and National Parks Tour
count as a "longer than 2 days" ride towards the Mile
Eater Silver and Gold ???

The intent was to include some longer non-extreme rides as qualifiers, such as the 50cc. The Lighthouse and NPT tours are not what we had in mind.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

//////////////////////////

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
According to the markers on the listing of the (major) rides here http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ the 50CC is not a Gold qualifying ride.

...at least, this is how I'm reading it.
That's right. The 50cc is not considered an extreme ride. But for Mile Eater purposes, it is a ride greater than than 48 hours in duration.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

HardTxRider

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
According to the markers on the listing of the (major) rides here http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ the 50CC is not a Gold qualifying ride.

...at least, this is how I'm reading it.
Go for the GOLD!

Next year, sign up for the George A. Wyman Memorial Challenge - 50cc Gold Xtreme! ride. Any 50cc over 2,900 miles qualifies for GOLD certification.

George did San Francisco to New York City in 50 days. Pay tribute to the first long distance motorcyclist by riding from San Francisco to New York City in under 50 hours any time between May 16 and July 6.