IBR GPX file of checkpoints

Alan Doak

Premier Member
Forgive me in advance – but – is there a digital file available of all the checkpoints in the 2017 IBR? I'd really like to see the original file that was provided to competitors for importing into whatever navigation device they used. Did the digital file label the checkpoints into the 5 different categories?

I seem to remember this file being available from the 2015 IBR, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
Alan

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Forgive me in advance – but – is there a digital file available of all the checkpoints in the 2017 IBR? I'd really like to see the original file that was provided to competitors for importing into whatever navigation device they used. Did the digital file label the checkpoints into the 5 different categories?

I seem to remember this file being available from the 2015 IBR, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
Alan
I don't know if they will be made available, but just to get the terminology straight, you are referring to the bonus locations, not the checkpoints.

The GPS files did not explicitly label them, but included the bonus codes. The bonus codes all started with the first letter of the category - A(ir), L(and), M(ythical), P(rehistoric), W(ater). For example, bonus code AAE was the Besser Museum Eagle.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association