In search of fuel range.

TripperMike

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Something to keep in mind Traxx, with a taildragger or something located near the panniers, is you will need to wire for a pump. For myself, that is just another thing that could go wrong on a long trip. My setup has been a gravity system mounted in place of the pillion seat of an FJR. Of course even with a gravity feed setup, there comes a little learning curve: especially on hot summer afternoons. :)

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Something to keep in mind Traxx, with a taildragger or something located near the panniers, is you will need to wire for a pump. For myself, that is just another thing that could go wrong on a long trip. My setup has been a gravity system mounted in place of the pillion seat of an FJR. Of course even with a gravity feed setup, there comes a little learning curve: especially on hot summer afternoons. :)
That's why I like my setup with a good old fashioned carb. Simple T in the fuel line and switch off the petcock and I can run the aux tank first.

However my backup bike has this fuel injection witchcraft and it's not quite that simple