indian man died while trying to complete saddlesore

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Certainly a tragic situation and sad to see the media all over the world react the same in most situations by spinning a story versus reporting. A more thoughtful piece could have just reported the life of the young man and/or also include mortality statistics for all motorcycle riders compared to those participating in LD rides.

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
I heard about that Rider in India. Sad story, but I can think of at least one other situation that I would rather die doing.

IBA-INDIA

Staff member
As per the report published by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways here, the approximate number of road accidents is about 4,80,000 per year and the number of people die in those accidents counts to about 1,50,000 per year which means approx 420 people are killed everyday in approx 1320 road accidents every day which is again broken down to 17 deaths being occurred in 55 road accidents every hour. Every year this figure may go up or down by a small percentage. 50% of the people who die in these road accidents are in the age group of 18-35.

So, out of the approx 420 people who died on road that day, the media celebrated only this particular death because they had a story to club with it to seek public attention. For the media the rest 419 lost lives are not worthy to talk about at all.

As far as IBA India is concerned we have no clue of such an attempt from the rider nor did he post it on IBA India FB group (Generally all rides are posted there so that any of our members will track the ride).

That life would be Lost for many reasons for God only Knows. RIP Brother!

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
As per the report published by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways here, the approximate number of road accidents is about 4,80,000 per year and the number of people die in those accidents counts to about 1,50,000 per year which means approx 420 people are killed everyday in approx 1320 road accidents every day which is again broken down to 17 deaths being occurred in 55 road accidents every hour. Every year this figure may go up or down by a small percentage. 50% of the people who die in these road accidents are in the age group of 18-35.

So, out of the approx 420 people who died on road that day, the media celebrated only this particular death because they had a story to club with it to seek public attention. For the media the rest 419 lost lives are not worthy to talk about at all.

As far as IBA India is concerned we have no clue of such an attempt from the rider nor did he post it on IBA India FB group (Generally all rides are posted there so that any of our members will track the ride).

That life would be Lost for many reasons for God only Knows. RIP Brother!
That makes for interesting reading. We in Australia have Kangaroos to look out for...it look like humans are your biggest threat over there.

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Around here, it's the deer we worry about, especially at night. Last September, when doing my second Lake Superior SS1K with my riding buddy, we must have seen at least a dozen deer between Wakefield and Marquette that night. Most were feeding off the side of the road and not moving but about 3 were moving towards us. With both our LED spotlights, we could see them all in plenty of time. A blast of the horn got most of them that were moving to turn around and head back into the woods.