inReach and Spotwalla

MarkG

Premier Member
Recent update by Garmin inReach to the Raw KML Feed caused Spotwalla to disappear and it took me a little while to find the problem. Jason announced it a little while later on Facebook.

Start with the Garmin inReach page. Social tab, look at Feeds next to the share.garmin.com/xxxxx. Edit, copy, the link under Raw KML Data.

Next go to Spotwalla. Find devices, whatever you're calling the inReach, use the drop down menu, Update. Paste the link from the Garmin page into the Raw KML Feed Link.

Don't forget to push the blue Update button at the bottom right. Spotwalla is back and you haven't lost anything. Sure glad I found this little problem before I was leaving for a ride.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I believe this only applies to older (Delorme) units as they were still using a Delorme-named URL. I had to change mine, and tested it after and I'm good to go.

Good recommendation to verify its updated no matter what InReach you're using rather than being sad after a ride!

MarkG

Premier Member
I'm using the Explorer+ less than a year old. For whatever reason Garmin changed the feed link. Another person I know said his link remained the same. If nothing else we're aware of it and will save some time and annoyance if it stops working.

XPLSV

Premier Member
I went to check my InReach the day before I was planning to do a ride and had a notification that an update was available and needed to be installed...installed it, looked good...got another pop-up saying there was an update available...went to installed that and it screwed up my InReach! Had an error message and it showed my tracking as 100% filled and it would not track nor send to Spotwalla. Tried a couple different things and finally ended up doing a complete reset on the device. That cleared the track log and it was working again. Not the way I wanted to spend a couple hours of my day, but glad I knew it was all working again before going to sleep that night. Had never had a single issue with that InReach in the closet to three years I have owned it.