insurance

bmbob

IBA Member
Anyone got a good insurance company ?
After having my bike stolen last year, carol nash have wacked my renewell up triple so am looking to change.
Ride safe
Regards Bob

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Have you tried the usual compare the market, go compare etc.
They usually get me a decent price.
It seems that nobody stays with the same insurers anymore because they offer good first time offers then put the price up year two.
I'm paying £230 on my 2017 gsa with 9 yr no claims, fully comp. Im with MCE from a quote on go compare.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
I am with Bennetts i wrote off one of my Pans 4 years ago (my Fault) insurance went up by £40 which i cant fault paying £335 for two Pans fully comp with European cover and Breakdown included

Jonnyp

IBA Member
Carol Nash did the same to me after a write off, not my fault...they doubled the premium knowing it was not my fault and they had recovered all their costs... talk about having cake and eating it....

Been with BMW Motorrad insurance which I think is Devitt ever since, I do check every year with the meerkats but can’t get the same cover for the same price.

bmbob

IBA Member
Well this is what I've got so far..... Bennett's won't touch me, and MCE want £1500!!!
looks like I'm stuck with carol nash.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
i found that after accident, other when told i had a claim that was it up went the price, but stopped with same company as thought increase was not that much when you look at the other prices

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Have you tried playing with the declared mileage? Bennets got pricey after 15000 mile a year.

bmbob

IBA Member
Hi Gordon
Yes that would work, but a, I don't like lying and b. if you get caught out the policy would be void.
I reckon the best is just to stay with carol nash.
Ride safe
Regards Bob

bmbob

IBA Member
Hi Bob
yes I' IAM, did it back in 2005 but am not actually a current member now, but will give them a ring and see what they say.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Gordon
Yes that would work, but a, I don't like lying and b. if you get caught out the policy would be void.
I reckon the best is just to stay with carol nash.
Ride safe
Regards Bob
That's one reason I have 2 bikes. Gives me 30 to play with.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I have used Carol Nash for several years but, never accept the first price they offered. I do shop around,

They usually get a bit more sensible when you tell them to get their act together or you will go somewhere else to ensure your bike.
After all, its 15 years claim free and free from claim for another year the price should be going down each year,
I have also found that changing the voluntarily access to £0 makes very little difference in price, of premiums on price comparrison sites.

Just out of interest.
I reduced my taxi insurance from the original quote from my current suppliers this year of £1400 to just under £900 from a new British underwriter. Which was £100 less than I paid last year. Just by spending the time shopping around making phone calls and answering the same crap questions over and over again about how long you have been driving etc, what accidents you have had fault or non fault, any prosecutions you have in the last 5 years, over and over again, which they tell us that is for their data base that they will share with the trade.

Why don’t the just use that data base then?
Instead of asking us the same questions over and over every year,

The point is it paid me to shop around saving approx £400 with 4 hours of phone calls
OK I had to take a morning off work to do it but I saved £400 which I probably would never earn in that time.
Never take the first price you are offered and shop around.

Plus what is theMotorcycle company that uses BIG EDD is it Bennetts? Even if thy offered to ensure me free for a year I would turn them down.
“ Hi it’s Big Edd here” (spoken in an American accent) I just heard that too many times while i waited for a person to answer the phone.
F _ _ K off ,(spoken in an English accent) :D:D:D