Interested in doing a 100CCC? March 2017

John negus

Well this was a much bigger production than Ben Hur ever was..the response and support was unbelievable from the IBR family..I was happy that the "heavies" doing the big ride let me tag along to Hay and continue onwards ln my own ride.Congratulations and Etc are completely inadequate expressions to describe this ride and Dave on his harley deserves an extra "mention in dispatches" Only a ironbutter/farrider has any idea how big a deal and how difficult this ride is that the guys have done..im speechless with admiration.

I want to be a IBR Heavy Hitter when I grow up.see you all at Renmark...cheers and yippee..jn

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hello Everyone,

Arrived safely back at Coogee @ 4:00am this morning then rode back to Canberra to resume "normal" daily business.

A more detailed ride report and analysis will follow but a few things to say now;

HUGE Thanks to everyone who helped along our journey;
  1. All those at the send off on Friday morning and who also come part way along the early stages
  2. The intercept teams from Melbourne and South Australia! (Fatman, LTP and Jeff in SA) You lifted our spirits!
  3. The boys in WA! Gus you are a champion for doing the shuttle run in and out of Scarborough! Frog who shared the ride back at east to Balladonia!
  4. The sign in group who waited in the wee hours of Tuesday morning in the rain and the cold! Enterprise, Knave and Frans that was really appreciated!
And to the blokes (Daveid, Scott, Rob & Olaf) who signed on to share some time on the road with me, a group ride like this is not easy but you all rode incredibly well and made the trip feel comfortable and a pleasure to share. Mission accomplished and the best of times.

I'm sure we all learnt a lot, I certainly did and my list of refinements is already being created for the next crossing.

Cheers

sixty6north

I have spent today doing to work and managed to sneak out and get a massage (oh yeah . . . I needed that!)
Unlike Vlad, I had mobile phone coverage for quite a lot of the route what allowed me to chat to various people throughout the day. It turned out to be a very useful way to determine the road position of the other riders, but mostly I find the having a quick chat with someone is a great way to stimulate my brain and increase my general awareness - so to all those people who took the time to call and take an interest, my sincere and hearty thanks - it really helped a lot.

As for the ride itself, it was an epic win for all concerned, but I think that a special mention should go to David Rolfe - for the rest of us, this was not our first rodeo and we came prepared accordingly. As a first time out on a multi-day IBA ride, on a HD with limited fuel range David's achievement is very notable. I congratulate all of the other riders on a great achievement, but I reserve my heartiest congratulations for David.

It was great hanging out with the other guys over the last few days - a fantastic shared experience that I am very grateful to have.

Finally, a special thanks to Kiwi who hatched this idea to begin with - I probably would not have done this if he had not set up to begin with.

I will get a ride report done over the next few days - its going to be pretty boring coz I did not stop to take any photos or do much else - the ride report might look a bit like "ride, fuel, ride, fuel, ride, fuel, sleep" . . . rinse and repeat x 4.

Rob

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well this was a much bigger production than Ben Hur ever was..the response and support was unbelievable from the IBR family..I was happy that the "heavies" doing the big ride let me tag along to Hay and continue onwards ln my own ride.Congratulations and Etc are completely inadequate expressions to describe this ride and Dave on his harley deserves an extra "mention in dispatches" Only a ironbutter/farrider has any idea how big a deal and how difficult this ride is that the guys have done..im speechless with admiration.

I want to be a IBR Heavy Hitter when I grow up.see you all at Renmark...cheers and yippee..jn
John,

It was a pleasure to meet you and have you share part of the ride. W all start this LD riding gig with small steps and grow from there, it's great!

HACKLE

Fantastic effort Scott, Rob, Olly and Martin. You all had a dream. You followed it and came out the end dream believers. We mere mortals can only look on and wonder. Utter respect for your endeavours.

Cuddles

IBR Finisher
Congratulations everyone. It was great following the forum and watching the adventure unfold. Thanks for the entertainment. Looking forward to seeing the ride reports.

Cheers
Cuddles and Lady Cuddles

kwaka

Premier Member
Most excellent outcome! Hearty congratulations to all involved. Well done!
@rob. Interesting to note your thoughts on constant contact and chatting for helping to keep the grey cells ticking over.

Farkleit

Premier Member
I haven't done any washing when I Came back from Perth I was fortunate to have lots of rain to do the washing for me.

I didn't wander around town either. The roo that I hit at Iron Knob took up that time for me.....
Well i think you need to go again so you can have a sleep in Ceduna LOL maybe later in the year, let me know and well plan something, might get a few more that are also inspired to do this 100ccc ride

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Well i think you need to go again so you can have a sleep in Ceduna LOL maybe later in the year, let me know and well plan something, might get a few more that are also inspired to do this 100ccc ride
I can't move starting 1 July, so I'll have to wait a year.

I have a plan for a little ride late in May though