Introduce yourself to other riders.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Not sure who should get this but could you take me off the free camping list please. A change of heart so wimping out and going for an hotel room instead. Cheers. Bob
Bob email me your name and I'llsort it out with Mark

If anyone needs to change any registration details emailme [email protected]

Signed up for the South Clockwise (as I'm touring Scotland on bike in August).
Passing on the camping as I only live 5 miles from Squires.
Never done anything like this before, and really looking forward to it...

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Maybe we should have a another prize for the least distance ridden to the start at Squires as well as the longest, which is currently 875 miles :eek:

You'll certainly be a contender Blackadder ;) :D

Hi Neil from Crawley, W SX here. Very much looking forward to taking part. Chosen the north anti-clockwise route. I've travelled most of the roads of Scotland when I was working there a few years ago, all be it in a Sprinter van! Whilst wishing I was on my bike.
I did the CSMA National Rally a couple of times back in the day which was about 1000 miles door to door in 24 hours and regularly ride 7 hour runs, most of which spent in the saddle.
I fancy the idea of camping to soak up the whole 'in it together' experience but still weighing up the comfort and quality of sleep from staying in a hotel........i'll confirm once i've gotten off the fence!

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Neil, you can always change your mind about the camping as we only need to know approximate numbers nearer the date so we can keep Squires informed. :)

North is a cracking route whichever direction riders go. You'll get to Wick first going anti-clockwise so be prepared for lots of hand waving and helmet nodding on the way back south :D

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Hello Neil
In my experience you will get a better nights sleep in a hotel it is constant noise on the camp site
but you need to book now as beds are filling fast.

Decision made...........booked Premier Inn for both nights.......beating yourself up for a 1000 miles after a poor nights rest isn't worth the risk!
Thanks for the advice John

Hi all,

I'll be back again this year having completed my first RBLR1000 in 2016 and enjoyed all the lovely rain! Still got my K1300GT but this time with a new CalSki screen ('Oooh' I hear you say), anyway, I'll also be doing the North anti-clockwise again but this time in the hope of actually seeing some countryside - I've had a word with him upstairs! This year I'll be camping too and hope to arrive Thursday evening if anyone is around for a few quaffs of ale? I've also invested in a new tent so if you see someone tangled in cables and tarp please bring me a beer ........... Looking forward .....

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Hello again Phil,

is there a specific link to book the camping option or do I go to squires direct? Many thanks.
If you want the free camping just turn up and tell them at the bar before you sign in for the ride as you coming Thursday just tell them at the bar I will be about on the Thursday putting our tent up for the weekend and will be around Friday morning

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hello again Phil, is there a specific link to book the camping option or do I go to squires direct? Many thanks.
As Graeme has said it's free on-site (tick the box when you complete the registration form) or if you want electric hook-up there's a link on the 'Detailed Instructions' document which takes you straight through to their website as these pitches need to be booked through Squires at £12 per night. :)

Aitch

I've been dithering about this for a while now but just signed up. Looking forward to it.

I live about 40 miles away from Squires so rather than spend the night there was just going to head to the start in the morning. I'd like to start around 5am but don't want to get there for 5am if it there is a big queue waiting to leave at 5am. Would it be better to turn up about 5.30?

I've been dithering about this for a while now but just signed up. Looking forward to it.

I live about 40 miles away from Squires so rather than spend the night there was just going to head to the start in the morning. I'd like to start around 5am but don't want to get there for 5am if it there is a big queue waiting to leave at 5am. Would it be better to turn up about 5.30?
Hi Aitch, my first year last year and I left at 5 a.m. - had to wait about 5 - 10 mins before I could go so not bad at all. Earlier the better - less traffic - was my thinking anyway.
Ride safe.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member

It takes about 10 minutes to log you and process you last year we got all those waiting at 5 away with in a ten minute window

Aitch

Thats good to hear - hoping to get through Glasgow before it gets too busy. Very familiar with the road from Inverness back down via A9/A1 usually drive or ride a couple of times a year....Last year riding down from Inverness I left about 6 or 7pm and got back about 2am and loved it because the roads had quietened down and had a great run (except for some mist south of Berwick).
Wrist ache is usually my main problem with long rides (no cruise control) but I've bought an Omni-throttle lock so hopefully that will help.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just seen your first post Aitch. Those camping or staying nearby and starting at 5 will be queuing up ready for the off from 4.30 onwards. So if you arrive shortly before 5 you can just chill, register, wait for the few minutes that it will take for the initial riders to head off then be on your way 5 minutes later.

I'd advise riding in to Squires then pulling over to one side, not part of the double queue that forms up, then find Greame to register, sign the disclaimer and you can be on your way once the main group has departed. At least that way you can make the most of the early start still :)