Introduce yourself to other riders.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks Mark - that sounds like a plan :)
No worries. And when you finish there will be food and drink available so you can always relax for a while, or even sit and have a nap before heading home :)

All ! Have signed up for the RBRL1000,am going to be doing the clockwise south route, have got me camping sorted, just tested out my 'portable' tent, which seems all in order ! I'm aming to be at the campsite for midday, so am looking forward to meeting many other riders !
Just checked out me tent, will be nice to have a ride upto the campsite, have snooze, then set off the next day for a great ride out . I have done a couple of big distance rides in Europe before, but I'm really looking forward to enjoying the the roads of England and Wales.

John Broom

I will be leaving Holbeach around 12 on the Friday. Will travel along the A17 to Newark, then A1 to Squires.
Will be going North clockwise for the 1000. Make sure you have your waterproofs with you. Last year it pissed down
from Sqires to near Glasgow. This year I am going in comfort on my Goldwing 1800.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
All ! Have signed up for the RBRL1000,am going to be doing the clockwise south route, have got me camping sorted, just tested out my 'portable' tent, which seems all in order ! I'm aming to be at the campsite for midday, so am looking forward to meeting many other riders !
Just checked out me tent, will be nice to have a ride upto the campsite, have snooze, then set off the next day for a great ride out . I have done a couple of big distance rides in Europe before, but I'm really looking forward to enjoying the the roads of England and Wales.
I see you at the check in free camping at the rear

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
All ! Just checked out me tent, will be nice to have a ride upto the campsite, have snooze, then set off the next day for a great ride out . I have done a couple of big distance rides in Europe before, but I'm really looking forward to enjoying the the roads of England and Wales.
There's currently only 17 out of 134 riders going South, with 8 going clockwise like you Alan. At least with the setting sun it should be nice and light for you as you head up north through Wales :)

There's 44 others joining you camping at Squires so make sure you don't forget your ear plugs as that's potentially a lot of snoring :p

See you at Squires :)

Last edited:
There's currently only 17 out of 134 riders going South, with 8 going clockwise like you Alan. At least with the setting sun it should be nice and light for you as head up north through Wales :)

There's 44 others joining you camping at Squires so make sure you don't forget your ear plugs as that's potentially a lot of snoring :p

See you at Squires :)
I'm bringing my earplugs and not just for the riding :p

Took the racing cowl/hump of my busa this morning to practice putting the oxford bags on, not done it on this model (previous was a '99), time well spent imho as first position was just wrong, rubbing me back, after a few attempts got them on so clearance on my back was good and they was nice and tight on the bike. More pics http://alz0r.stoatopic.net/a/740037ae-1e28-491f-bd6c-7a96a8b6e734. Have ordered a Lomo 40L roll-up bag for my tent and some Rok Straps, planning on riding to Lands End/back tomorrow (approx 400 miles) to get some practice in and see how the tyre wear is and how the comfort levels are with the panniers to start with. Really thinking of the 6p's here :)

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
That's a nice colour scheme. Is this the bike you'll be doing it on Alan? We need to know the bike so we can add it to the certificate. Don't need reg number though :)

Pop a post on here or send me a PM once you've decided. Cheers.

Had a fantastic practice ride today - Bournemouth to Lands End and back, a total of roughly 412 miles in just under 8 hours. I had an extended stop at Lands End to get some pics and to wait for the loos to open at 10.. Left Bournemouth at 5:15, receipt at Tesco's shows 5:20, filled up twice more on the way down, keeping the receipts and whilst not recording, noting the distance. There is some seriously beautiful roads in Dorset/Devon & Cornwall on this route. I have to say whilst the busa can eat up the motorway, i far more enjoyed the A & B roads, esp the end part at Penzance both coming into and out of Lands End (twisties/great view).
I set off from a good breakfast and had those weetbix liquid drinks en-route, those seemed to work really well in sustain energy and not feeling hungry. Have to say that I'm not going to bother with some items of erm, "underwear" tho, to make access some what easier :p This was my first time using the sat-nav on roads I didn't know at all, and with it setup securely made the ride really good, have to say the Garmin Nuvo is an ace bit kit, although there is no damn linux/opensource equivalent software for it. The pannier bags were totally unnoticeable, i just made sure each time i stopped they was secure and the cover-bags were on properly, no issues at all. Roll-bag is due today, will great to try that out!

Anyhow, rambling a bit, still getting andrelin kicks :) I would say that this ride really help me prep - I feel confident that sticking with speed-limits and getting the most out of re-fuleing/rest breaks I will be able to complete the 1000 miles in under 24 hours.

Missus was happy with a her new fridge magnet as well :)
Edit - now with all me camping gear packed in the bag, and i mean everything !

Anyone tell I'm just a bit excited... :)

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Don't forget to bring pain killers too Alan. Knees, wrists and other bits can begin to ache after several hundred miles even though getting off when you re-fuel to have a stretch does help. No doubt you'll have thoroughly read the General Instructions document too as there's helpful information in it together with a link to the IBA's Archive of Wisdom :)

Don't forget to bring pain killers too Alan. Knees, wrists and other bits can begin to ache after several hundred miles even though getting off when you re-fuel to have a stretch does help. No doubt you'll have thoroughly read the General Instructions document too as there's helpful information in it together with a link to the IBA's Archive of Wisdom :)
Cheers FJR! I'm going to bring some painkillers just in case. Back in NL once done more than 1000 miles (den haag/maastricht/achen/trier, back thru .de at highspeed to Friesland...), but this is before I knew about IBA, but I do recall getting of the busa and having a real a**e ache ! Hopefully my Corbin seat will reduce that somewhat, it seemed to do me good yesterday reducing the 'john wayne' style walking when dismounting ! Thanks for the advice tho, can never have too much help, esp as I wont have the luxury of the autobahns to rack up miles easily.