Iron Butt Application

Capone

I hope you get your patch soon. I’m sure you were smarter then I. Maybe this might help others reading the post .

I submitted mine in august same night I rode SS1K. I finally went back to check my sent email. Realized my pics where to big in file size and only two pics sent. Lack of sleep lol. I resubmitted again in nov. realizing I messed that up.

On their Facebook some ppl post when they receive their cert and patch and when they submitted it.

Was your ride something unique? With literal bread crumbs that you took pictures of with the ODO? Things do simply just get lost. PM Ira or re-submit if you mailed copies in.
Same ride that 2 friends did some weeks before. Then I did. Some weeks after a friend did and get the certification. Really, I tried to contact Ira a lot of times by email, got reply the first time but not anymore.
Also the 3th guy used my pictures and documents as a standard and did the same thing, same ride.

Friday, 18/Dec, a group of four will do the same ride again. I will lead the group for 1600km and follow the same procedures.
Hope Ira or Mike solve this previous ride. Btw we will submit the documents for the new ride and expect to get the certification.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
email isn't always the best way to contact the IBA. Multiple email addresses exist and some don't seem to be checked often. @Ira can be contacted reliably thru this forum via PM. Don't just wait for him to see something in the forum.

I always mailed in my applications in the past. Pretty much unknown if it was delivered until the check was cashed. Not sure I would trust the USPS at this point, given the inconsistencies I see local to me. Never mind international mail. Hopefully you can get this cleared up.

~L~D~

IBA Member
General Question - How long is the average time for verification of a ride if you aren’t an Iron Butt member? I understand that the IBA are riders as well so verifications during some months are longer than others. Who wants to sit and do paperwork while watching other people do all the rides, right? just a question. No more. No less. Not picking or complaining

mikeshell

Premier Member
General Question - How long is the average time for verification of a ride if you aren’t an Iron Butt member? I understand that the IBA are riders as well so verifications during some months are longer than others. Who wants to sit and do paperwork while watching other people do all the rides, right? just a question. No more. No less. Not picking or complaining
For a first-timer and non-premier members, expect verification to take a few months.

Russ Black

Premier Member
It took me 10 months. Remember, the certifiers are volunteers. I've chatted with a few and people think they are mind readers and don't document the ride properly and/or are missing key information like their contact information. How can the IBA get intouch with them if they have a question about their ride? Perhaps it was correct at the time of submission and they have since moved and now everything changed. Also the Spam filter might have grabbed it.

Perusing the forum, I have noticed an increase in people asking if they can submit less than what is required to certify a ride or if they can be granted some alteration or exception that suits their particular ride they are planning. Imagine how many don't ask and submit anyway.

This is the reason for the IBA's claim to be made up of the worlds toughest riders. It's not just the riding, it's the ride craft also.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
For the International riders waiting, you are not in the same category as US rides. I don't have full knowledge of why international ride verifications take as long as they do, but you can't compare US ride certification times with International ones.