ironbutt.co.uk

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
It's time, I think, for the public-facing website to be tarted up a little, or perhaps a lot, what do you chaps think?

Would you all please spend five minutes browsing it and post below details of anything you think needs fixing or could be better or perhaps things that are missing altogether. Include details of what device and browser you used as those might well make a difference. If you know that you're using a particularly fast or slow internet connection note that also.

I have a thick skin so don't hold back.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I think there could be a separate tab along the top for Rides to Eat, and then even a separate drop down list for UK and Euro ones. At the moment it's hidden in the drop down list from Rides and Rules. I know they're still rides but maybe having a easily viewable tab might make more people see what they're all about.

As well as posting the RTE venues on the Events calendar page you could then also add a list on the UK RTE page for each month of the current year, as there is for the ERTEs. This would give new web viewers a quick list of where they're being held and if there's a gap one month people might be more inclined to chip in and suggest a meet. Something like this would be simple enough:

Jan - John's House
Feb - TBC
Mar - West Country Inn, near Bude
April - Hartside cafe, Alston
May - TBC
Etc

Just a thought :)

Oh, and I use Firefox not Internet Explorer. Both the website and new forum seem to work no problem.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Events area is Great and a big improvement on having to search the old forum.
The Certificate Rides don't show all of the rides such as Fools Gold etc

upload_2016-1-19_10-54-20.png

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Is that not on the events FJRPilot ..... Click on the tab to see the date
I think a List would be good too for planning the year

upload_2016-1-19_10-56-24.png

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I tend to use our Forum and Website on an iPhone6+ or on a PC running Windows 10, the browser of choice is Internet Explorer (I do have Google Chrome as my NEG site does not like Explorer). I used to have Firefox too but this tended to give me photo posting issues.

Our Web Page:
I use this to get into our Forum.
I use it to check entitlement in the role of honour for branded badges and ride specific items before supplying shop orders.
I also look into the shop section.

Forum:
I have been wanting a more user friendly forum for a while. I was very pleased to see the new forum but am currently finding it still difficult to include a photo within my post.

All in all I am very happy with our web and forum. Thanks very much Bob for all the work you do to keep it fresh and up to date.

Perhaps more Mobil friendly I know I do most of my posting from my phone (Android) when viewing some of the menu, items aren't visible. tmp_4565-2016-01-19_11.38.231702652816.jpg

WOW that photo came out big.

Certainly a more Mobile friendly code is now needed, especially with more smart phones around now.
A subscriber based Events calendar may be useful, used to be there.
Agree with Tom Tom on the menu system its clunky on mobiles, good for a first attempt though.
The ride reports page could potentially be moved from the website and transferred to the new forum now.

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
We need a quick and easy way to determine what new posts there have been since the last visit.

It's very cumbersome having to click through every heading, and will only get worse as more posts/threads are created.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Click on the [New Posts] link at the top of the page or click [Home] then look at the list of recent postings on the righthand side.

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
'New Posts' gives every new post throughout the known world.

I suppose I will get used to the list on the right hand side, but its not as elegant (or easy) as a UK only new post button

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
The other thing you can do is to [Watch] an individual forum and then choose watched forums.

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
We need a quick and easy way to determine what new posts there have been since the last visit.

It's very cumbersome having to click through every heading, and will only get worse as more posts/threads are created.
There has to be a way to do it on the topic level - a look of people are learning the new software. You can also google and explore: XenForo and notifications OR maybe XenForo and New postings - see if you find anything and let us know. I will look also, but I am my usual buried so could be a while waiting for me...

A possible work round may be to do the 'watch the forum' you want then click on the Alerts link top right, at the bottom of the drop down box is a link Show all. Click it and then bookmark or make it your home page.
Seems to work for me so far.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have improved the mobile-friendliness of the website a bit. Please have a look and let me know about stuff that's still not right.