Is A Selfie Ride In Your Plans?

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Is an IBA ‘Selfie’ ride in your plans? That I see, the Big List of ’Selfie’ ride finishers is limited to a rider who rode a SaddleSore 1000 from David, Arizona to McQueeney, Texas and another rider, who during their SaddleSore 1000, snagged DBRs in both Mark, Illinois and Campbell, Missouri.

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
can you point me to the requirements? I don't see it on the big board. I may have missed it. :(
You did not miss it. There is not a ride rules page for a "selfie" ride. Other than showing within reason you visited the jurisdictions you would like mentioned in your certificate, standard rules for SaddleSore and Bun Burner rides apply, and for longer rides if you choose. You may want to look at this as what's put out for the JAX ride-ins where the suggested ride themes ends with "Get creative--come up with some crazy ride theme!" and suggests visiting 5 cities named Jacksonville on the way to Jacksonville, FL.

In a sense, it’s up to you the names or parts of names of the jurisdictions you want to visit and how you want them to appear in your certificate.

Hope this helps.
Doug

yon

Premier Member
What an interesting idea. Mapped my name out and looks like it's ~1,300 miles between the towns. Add some miles and it'll be a good candidate for a Bun Burner in the future.

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Is an IBA ‘Selfie’ ride in your plans? That I see, the Big List of ’Selfie’ ride finishers is limited to a rider who rode a SaddleSore 1000 from David, Arizona to McQueeney, Texas and another rider, who during their SaddleSore 1000, snagged DBRs in both Mark, Illinois and Campbell, Missouri.
Neat idea, except that for many of us, finding a town or location with the same name as our obscure last name would be impossible, so maybe you stop and take a selfie at places or towns or monuments that begin with the letters in your name. Ie spell out Marc along your route with a selfie pic at each.

yon

Premier Member
Neat idea, except that for many of us, finding a town or location with the same name as our obscure last name would be impossible, so maybe you stop and take a selfie at places or towns or monuments that begin with the letters in your name. Ie spell out Marc along your route with a selfie pic at each.
I was toying with this idea last night. Do an in-state ride, but spell out the state's name using your stops.

Alright folks, the ride is done. One 1600km and one 2000km. The joke about it, on my 1600, I forgot my receipt at the McDonalds and on this 2000km, I lost my camera at about 5 or 600km from my house.. The ride went great and man was I happy to have my GPS. I left at 6 AM and the temperature was at 8c. for very long, then jumped at 9, by the aternoon, the temp was at 21 and I took off some layers. I wanted a receipt from the Nova Scotia information office, but I got there at 17h05 and the thing was closed, lucky for me, there is a gas station right close (at 1020km). One thing important when preparing a long ride like this, gas stations openned overnight. My 7th garage for Gas up was closing at 11, lucky for me, I got there at 22h45, but I think that's where I lost my camera (I called this morning, but they found nothing). I finally got home with 2055,9km and at 3h30AM. The important thing about a ride like this, SECURITY IS VERY IMPORTANT and falling asleep on a bike is not impossible or just dazing off and losing concentration, lots of trucks on the road at this time.

I just got the SpotWalla app with my SWtracker and tested today with my Honda NC750X, It pointed out my ride and doesn't appear on my phone bill. I am anxious to redo my 2 SaddleSore rides and have that Spotwalla to proove it, I wish I knew that a