Is something missing or did I misunderstand?

Terrywerm

Last year I set out on my first Iron Butt ride, an SS1000. As I made my plans, I could swear that there was a page that said using Bubbler and Spotwalla could substitute for beginning and ending witnesses, so that is what I did. Oddly enough, I cannot seem to find that information now. Has that changed, or maybe I misunderstood? Can someone clarify this for me?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Not sure where you read that - we require a photo of your start and end receipts in front of your odometer or a start and end witness. A Spotwalla track is helpful for documenting your ride, but is not a substitute for the starting and ending documentation requirements as stated in the rules.

The Saddlesore 1000 rules page is at

https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/ssseries/index.html

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Terrywerm

Thanks Ira. That is where the mixup comes from on my part - It is the receipt photos that take the place of the witness signatures. Phew!!! There were actually three of us that rode the SS1000 together last August and we all submitted photos of all of our fuel stops and receipts. I also had Bubbler running on my phone and submitted a link to my Spotwalla map of our ride, so I should be in good shape.

Thank you so much for getting me squared away!!

Last edited: