Is this the beginning of the end?

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Throw this in topic in the bin...or test us all at work.
Give a breath to the devil and your sure to see hell.

marcham

Premier Member
Not a huge surprise. Already these laws exist in many places in America: http://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/summaries-of-current-drowsy-driving-laws.aspx

Driving when drowsy is just as dangerous as driving while drunk, if not more so. (same goes for operating an aircraft, boat, heavy machinery, etc...) Alcohol you can test for ... how does one test for tiredness?

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/about-this-show/tired-vs-drunk-driving/

"Compared with cruising around while tipsy, sleep deprivation caused Tory to drive 10 times worse"

Rusjel

Premier Member
Moving over from fossil fuels, driverless vehicles, change is a comin'

But the answer is the same: live each day like it's you're last.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I like to observe the places these items come from and how they gain traction.
Then I look back up the road towards my destination and ignore what I dont like much like my dog and the vet each year.

Ed.

Premier Member
Indeed Russ, I am wondering just who is asking these questions that (some of) these developments are answering. From what I have seen "the market" is being told what they will be getting rather than driving the development.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
If you are riding in such a manner as to give an LEO probable cause to pull you over and test for drowsiness (akin to PC for drunk driving), perhaps you shouldn't be riding and should thank the officer for saving your life.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
From the original article in the first post: "Nearly 20 per cent of all serious motor vehicle accidents in Australia are caused by a drowsy driver."

So if over 80 per cent of all serious motor vehicle accidents in Australia are NOT caused by a drowsy driver, the police and science boffins should go after the alert ones and leave the minority of drowsy ones alone.....

Tele

Premier Member
I guess most people would be happy with a 20% pay increase ..... by the same measure, the authorities would be happy to see a 20% decrease in accidents\fatalities. :rolleyes:

Wombattle

It would be interesting to see how they could possibly draft an offence and how they might prove/infer intent. You know if you've been drinking or taking drugs. Would you know if you are over the tired saliva limit if you drove 5km home after a long day at the office?
"Where have you driven from today sir?"
"Thanks for your question but it's really none of your business officer. You've got my details and I've submitted to your test. I had no idea I might have tired saliva. What are you going to do with me on the side of the road here now? Will you look after my bike while I have a kip in the back of your car until my saliva isn't tired?"
Can't see it flying myself.
I hope they never correlate accident stats with low sperm counts - although a roadside test with a happy ending if you pass or fail......:rolleyes:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
We should be way more concerned with the introduction or robotic/autonomous cars...Anon-emus cars.
These are by far the most unrequited units made by any man. Any dumb man who is too ready to give up their freedoms to a stupid robotic like force really needs to think a bit more.

Humans have not addapted to the blody mobile phone too well...not in a smart way. So how the hell will JoeBellow Average going to deal with these scab robotic creatures.
They want your saliva to test if your tired? In so doing they form a case to adapt the case which will be the autonomous transport unit.

The smarter we are the dumber we get.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
We should be way more concerned with the introduction or robotic/autonomous cars...Anon-emus cars.
These are by far the most unrequited units made by any man. Any dumb man who is too ready to give up their freedoms to a stupid robotic like force really needs to think a bit more.
I totally agree Gatey!
I saw ABC's Catalyst the other night about driverless cars.
The one main issue that none of the nerds and scientists seemed capable of addressing, was the issue of what the hapless hoomans would be doing when these driverless bots were taking them to work or shopping or whatever...
They started talking about measures to prevent boredom..... wtf!

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I totally agree Gatey!
I saw ABC's Catalyst the other night about driverless cars.
The one main issue that none of the nerds and scientists seemed capable of addressing, was the issue of what the hapless hoomans would be doing when these driverless bots were taking them to work or shopping or whatever...
They started talking about measures to prevent boredom..... wtf!
Just today on the radio some boffin made the comment that we would be sleeping while being convayed to and from work. Well thats nothin new in Armidale let me tell you. Semi consious twits. Robotic car and the spit test would be too hard for them.

I hate stupid and i hate robots too.