ISSUES WITH PHOTOBUCKET

Farkleit

Premier Member
Has anyone else having a problem with photobucket images links not working anymore?
some of my pics are still up. others not visible. Photobucket want large $$$ for account to activate.

SO. what is everyone using to store photos so we can link to the site?

Fatman

Yes Farkleit same here, we have lost all our pic links to FarRiders and IBA forum (these are the only reason we used Photobucket). We have opened a free account with Google Photos and that seem to work with these 2 forums ok.

There has been a bit of comment about this on FarRiders if you have a chance to view.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Im not having a laugh....well not much anyway Brook.
Nothing is free forever and there is always a bigger dog in the street.

Farklleit I think they want something like$400 a year so you can 3rd party host. Like Fatman I only had PB because they sold themselves as a free host site.
It is interesting that many of my pics are still up so Im wondering if its something to doo with how you upload them Those 4 choices in the box to the bottom right when you copy a pic?

Daisy

Premier Member
I downloaded all mine and closed the account. I have them in the original folders and where I still have access to edit threads I'm slowly replacing them as I reupload to imgur.com.

I think photo*ucket must be working through them one server at a time. People had started complaining and the ransom demand was appearing everywhere, but mine were still working. Now mine is gone I see some people haven't been ransomed yet. I can't imagine how desperate you would have to be to actually pay the $400 (that's over 500 AUD) to a company that just committed seppuku.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Oh the irony...myself and others got banned from FarRiders forum for not keeping photos from 4-5yrs ago in photobucket....$$$$ charges had to happen sooner or later, nothing stays free forever
:) Ahhh the irony!
We were banned from the FarRiders forum for deleting old photos and now they are all gone - or so Fatman says.
I'm not even going to look. What a load of Far#hit.
Now I just looked on my photobucket and all seems intact. Photos still there and all operating as usual.
Still free too.
However I may now investigate another site to handle photos to preempt any dramas.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Your pics will all be in your PB library Nico. Thats not thier issue.
Over time they will disapear from sites youve posted the file into.

Tele

Premier Member
Makes you wonder .... PhotoB must have guessed that very few people would fork out $400-500 for a member account after years of free offerings. I wonder why they have gone in so damn hard with the charges? Surely they expected mass exodus? Why would they want that? I am not surprised they have levied charges, but one would imagine that $5 - $10 month would have been more in the ballpark and encouraged more people to sign-up. A most interesting decision and a 'novel' approach to marketing. :confused:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
The thing that stink's here is many of those photos that have disappeared in forums have not gone by the owners choice. They have not been taken down by the owner and or the poster of a photo.
Photo bucket has on more than a few occasions just removed the link to the photo then "asked" the owner to fork out.

A little like cutting a few fingers off for effect before knocking the family.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Yes Farkleit same here, we have lost all our pic links to FarRiders and IBA forum (these are the only reason we used Photobucket). We have opened a free account with Google Photos and that seem to work with these 2 forums ok.

There has been a bit of comment about this on FarRiders if you have a chance to view.
I have now got google photos but the link doesn't seem work in my post in Tour de Frans. what am I missing

Farkleit

Premier Member

MMMM cant find it in FarRiders forum, bloody buggar

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
This is a pain - apologies for turning the thread into a how-to segment...

Here's the secret, not entirely explained in the post I linked.

Grab the link from Google, as the post I linked explained that part well.

At the end of the very long link from Google, there is something that looks like this below - the digits represent the size of the image as it will be shown in your post.

Code:
......5HzxFg=w616-h463-no
It needs to be edited to look like this:

Code:
......5HzxFg=w616-h463-no-tmp.jpg
Those final eight characters allows Xenforo to recognize the link as an image.

This can be edited in the 'post image' dialogue when you copy the link from Google into the thread here.

Luck to ya!

kwaka

Premier Member
Photobucket recent policy changes has scuttled a lot of the images. A long ten years ago Photobucket was all the rage and it was what one did to easily post up pics on various sites on the internet. I was skeptical at first but succumbed to the allure of easy and FREE photo links. Alas, no longer is this the case. Note to oneself: Always listen to your inner voice!

For the price per annum requested by Photobucket (I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor over that number!), the linked images will remain unseen. So what next?

Over time and as time allows the effected photos will be un-linked and hosted elsewhere for our viewing pleasures.

Photobucket - yeah but no thanks!

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This is a pain - apologies for turning the thread into a how-to segment...

Here's the secret, not entirely explained in the post I linked.

Grab the link from Google, as the post I linked explained that part well.

At the end of the very long link from Google, there is something that looks like this below - the digits represent the size of the image as it will be shown in your post.

Code:
......5HzxFg=w616-h463-no
It needs to be edited to look like this:

Code:
......5HzxFg=w616-h463-no-tmp.jpg
Those final eight characters allows Xenforo to recognize the link as an image.

This can be edited in the 'post image' dialogue when you copy the link from Google into the thread here.

Luck to ya!
Thanks Ken!

This helped close the gap!