John Cox

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
John Cox well know Iron Butter and expert Brit Butt tour ride has ridden his final ride. He will be sent on his way from his beloved Yorkshire on the 10th June. He will be sorely missed.
Email me if you want to be kept up to date with arrangements.

Jonnyp

IBA Member
I didn’t know John very well but on the two or three occasions I did get to talk to him, he struck me as a very decent chap.

Very sad...

Debi Kirk

Married to the very Lucky Steve
One of the nicest Yorkshire men you could ever wish to meet, Coxy - thank you for all the advise, encouragement and memories over the years. Ride free my friend xx

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I don't know what to say realy.
Nearly all my stories/ adventures with the IBA involve John.
All my early long distance riding was with Coxy. My first SS2000 when we got our auxiliary tanks fitted and the SS1000 in Sicily on the Godfather Rally among others .
Many will remember that we used to joke that I was his carer and that I got paid to take him on trips and look after the old bugger.
We would take the p**s out of his rusty 85,000 mile Honda Cross Dresser that would take him all over the UK and especially on the Britt Butt Tour , that he would invariably be first to finish.
John even finished first when on dialysis and could only visit 2 or 3 places each day.
He took a lot of pride in being the first to finish this event most years.
I always hoped he would get better and return fully recovered ready to travel to the Euro RTE,s and just to play f**k with me for going too fast.
Life can be shit sometimes and this is one of those times.
Rest in Peace John Cox my Pal.

Very sad indeed to lose Coxy. I have fond memories of meeting John from time to time with John always taking time to chat in his cheerful friendly Yorkshire way.
We both managed to get around all the points of the 'Where the Fugawi Rally' the year after on the BBT and John was so enthusiastic about the challenge and we would laugh about how much of a pain it was to get to some of the bonus locations and how many midges there were.
You will be missed John.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Last year I did a couple of SS1000s to and from the Polish ERTE. Gave me chance to have some time to think about Coxy and how he would have enjoyed the ride.

And as another great long distance motorcyclist has on his tagline "No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away".....Terry Pratchett

Thanks for the memories John.

Attachments