John & Sonia RTE - 21st January 2017

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
I know I've been before but could you remind me of the exact address.
I know the Pottal Pool bit and then there is a roundabout and you are a couple of hundred yards up on the right but the rest is a bit fuzzy!
Jaybee

Postcode is ST19 5RR - and we are just off the island (but we're the only house - well houses - there)

I think it is this Forum. I have really tried to like it but I just do not get on with it as well as I did the last one or other Forums. Its nothing to do with the posts or the people it is just the 'clunky' Forum!

Posting photos on here is ridiculous! In my view!

I definitely do not think you have become Lepers, Sonia is such a wonderful, thoughtful, kind person that she can easily outweigh you John. Just my $0.02

Oh and I do not know of any member database we can mail too; if there is and this most wonderful R2E is to be promoted with a direct eMail then hopefully whoever does it can add a link to our Shop!

Note to Sonia is that enough creeping to warrant seconds?

Love, light and kindness,

Dave
Spot on with 3rd para Dave.

Sneezy

IBAUK Bouncer
IBA Member
Sorry sonia and john, due to circumstances beyond anyones control, myself and my plus 2 cannot attend.
Many apologies

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
There's two more riders who will probably not be able to turn up on Saturday now.

Both have perfectly good and understandable reasons for not being able to come along, but this is starting the question whether it will be worth running the RTE here in future years.

We've catered for 20 "ish", but it now looks like, at best, we'll have maybe 10 to 12 turning up

This really isn't a moan or a whinge, just simply a comment that this may be the last PPH RTE, or if not the last, certainly the last one in its current format.

Maybe in future years, we could still have a "winter gathering" but just with light refreshments rather than the "full blown" RTE format

See you on Saturday

Last edited:
Hi John and Sonia,

I'm free now on Saturday and would like to pop up to you. Could you please add me to the list.

Thanks. See you Saturday.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi John & Sonia ,

I would like to say I've been looking forward to this RTE and enjoyed last years.
It's a venue that is very much central to England so I'm surprised more IBA UK riders don't attend.
From my perspective it's a half day ride out to meet fellow riders in a very welcoming environment, were the general public are not a distraction.
We can all chat about LD riding, bike mod's, best gear to use which have been used to achieve challenges around the UK & Europe.

I hope it's not going to be the last RTE and IBA UK riders could consider supporting RTE's in the UK or is it just a short distance rally culture?

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi John & Sonia ,

I would like to say I've been looking forward to this RTE and enjoyed last years.
It's a venue that is very much central to England so I'm surprised more IBA UK riders don't attend.
From my perspective it's a half day ride out to meet fellow riders in a very welcoming environment, were the general public are not a distraction.
We can all chat about LD riding, bike mod's, best gear to use which have been used to achieve challenges around the UK & Europe.

I hope it's not going to be the last RTE and IBA UK riders could consider supporting RTE's in the UK or is it just a short distance rally culture?
This will not be our last ride to eat either in UK or Europe.
I suspect the recent weather has put a few off.

You don't have to be a member attend, all are welcome.

They are only a few hundred yards away from a salted main road so no access issues

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This will not be our last ride to eat either in UK or Europe.
I suspect the recent weather has put a few off.
I was referring to John & Sonia's RTE Phil .. Not any other RTE during the year ..

Ref from Johns post "but this is starting the question whether it will be worth running the RTE here in future years.:"

I'll be an odd one out as my bike is in Temporary storage so it's a DTE (Drive to Eat) for me, would not let John & Sonia down, Takes time planning and effort and I respect that.