Jorvik Rally 24th October 2020

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Plan a route in advance from the rally book. Then spend 8hrs riding your route around scenic Yorkshire, photographing landmarks and collecting points. All finishers get a certificate with trophies for the 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Entry is now open.

All the details are here.
https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/jorvik.php

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
In response to the rapidly changing Covid situation, we’re working hard to adapt the rally so that, unless travel itself is banned, the 2020 Jorvik will go ahead as planned. It will be a real rally, not a virtual one, and the rally book is being updated to ensure that local lockdown areas can be bypassed.

This will be a ride alone, contact-free, legal, event. Full details will be available nearer the time but entrants will not be in contact with the rally team or other entrants, except by chance at bonuses.

There will be no public gatherings at the start or finish.

Entry will be limited to 60 (sixty), advance registration only.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Rally books for the 2020 Jorvik rally will be emailed to entrants at 7pm next Wednesday 14th giving 10 days to plan routes in advance of the rally start on Saturday 24th. No further entries will be accepted once the rally books have been distributed. If you're interested in this contactless, Covid-safe, rally, now is the time to sign up.

Rally book (without bonuses) here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bo_8a8Jvazk_UDymWC7k2ynuDVecFAkftckf-RL-M6k/edit?usp=sharing
Enter here https://britbuttrally.wufoo.com/forms/2020-jorvik-rally-entry-form

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
Sadly I will have to cancel my attendance , due to enhanced COVID19 restrictions and changes in work (yes I know it is a four letter word) patterns.

J.Young

Triumph Triple Engine mounting brackets expert
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
My phone has just failed spectacularly and for various reasons, the replacement cannot reach me until Saturday at the earliest.

So under this "new improved rally world" that we now exist in where "computer skills" (and in this case in particular, access to mobile data and/or internet facilities before 8.00pm on Saturday evening) are seemingly more important than riding ability, I cannot do the rally on Saturday.

Kind of makes you think .....

Last edited:

J.Young

IBA Member
IBR Finisher
It just so happens that I've also just seen the "Tier 3" situation for South Yorkshire from 00.01 on Saturday .....

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Are you suggesting that you can't take pictures, upload to your laptop and email within four hours of your finish?

J.Young

IBA Member
IBR Finisher
However, the Tier 3 restrictions of
  • People are advised not to travel into or out of tier three areas, other than for work, education, youth services or because of caring responsibilities
probably don't cover LDR .....

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
However, the Tier 3 restrictions of
  • People are advised not to travel into or out of tier three areas, other than for work, education, youth services or because of caring responsibilities
probably don't cover LDR .....
South Yorkshire, not Yorkshire

J.Young

IBA Member
IBR Finisher
South Yorkshire, not Yorkshire
So the Rally Team presumably are going to disallow ALL bonuses submitted from South Yorkshire then ?

Won't affect me, but I suspect other riders might like the clarification

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Rider numbers emailed last night but some not received for whatever reason. If you don't know your number yet, refer to this list jorvik20ridernumbers.png