Jorvik rally Saturday Sept 28 Sept 2019

Aitch

thought it was the 14th Sept? Doesn't make much difference just wanted to make sure I was not imagining things!

Signed up - will be my first rally....

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Looks like they anticipated the damage to roads and infrastructure around Richmond and Wensleydale.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
All the road closures and diversions as a result of the storms could make the rally interesting.

Aitch

Or a really devious rally master could make all the rally points in North Yorkshire or on the cycle race route. :)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Sorry Graeme, I cannot make it now. We are of to New York very very early morning o_O of the 29th Sept. for a few days ,
I hope you have a great rally.
Cheers Steve :):)

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Sorry Graeme, I cannot make it now. We are of to New York very very early morning o_O of the 29th Sept. for a few days ,
I hope you have a great rally.
Cheers Steve :):)
I'm starting to see a trend here Steve, you bought that RT as a garage ornament didn't you? You don't really plan to ride it anywhere!! :rolleyes:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Oh yes Kim I do ride my bike, just been out most of today on the bike.
To be honest what would you rather do?

A Go to New York for 5 days all paid for by the wife.
or
B Ride around Yorkshire for 8 hours at you own expence.(not that i'm tight or anything)
( I know it's stunning scenery in the Dales but I have been there done that)

Yours answers on a £5 note to Mr Winglider please.
:p:p:p

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Oh yes Kim I do ride my bike, just been out most of today on the bike.
To be honest what would you rather do?

A Go to New York for 5 days all paid for by the wife.
or
B Ride around Yorkshire for 8 hours at you own expence.(not that i'm tight or anything)
( I know it's stunning scenery in the Dales but I have been there done that)

Yours answers on a £5 note to Mr Winglider please.
:p:p:p
Be sure to go to McSorley's where they only serve 2 glasses at a time, fantastic, I never miss it! Have a great trip Steve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McSorley's_Old_Ale_House

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Where's everyone/anyone staying the night before?? Just realised I haven't booked anywhere!
Castleford Premier is £159 for 2 nights
Hotel Castleford by Accor £156 for 2 nights

DangerDarren

Hotels.com has got the salubrious South Milford Hotel for £49 quid for the Friday. I'm currently thinking of round tripping it if weather is good.
D.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Check these out The Oddfellows Arms Address: 40 Low St, Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds LS25 6BA Phone: 01977 682368

Wheelgate Guest House
3 starsGreat valueThis property offers great value (measured in terms of - for example - price, star rating, review score and facilities) compared to similar properties within its market.
7 Kirkgate, Sherburn in Elmet, Sherburn in Elmet, LS25 6BH, United Kingdom–

Stayed at both of these, get a great breakfast at the wheelgate, both very close to Squires