June 19 1,000 mile south clock wise run

Can I just say what a fantastic time I had joining you all at Squires Gate cafe Friday night and completing my first 1,000 iron Butt ride.

I came on my own and ended up going home making many many new friends and friendships that will last a long time.

I ended up camping next to two ambassadors for ironbutt and The Royal British Legion Monica and her sister Janet ( aka the chuckle sisters)
Amazing women and great personalities.

I spoke to Phil the president but at the time I wasn’t aware of who he was. A very friendly guy and helpful chap. A man very much passionate about riding and comradeship for all his members who gave an emotional speech prior to retiring for the night before the start of the ride.

I was looking forward to doing the ride a long while ago and it didn’t disappoint. The thrill of the achievement hasn’t wained.

A big thank you to all your staff and volunteers who made the experience enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you so much. Regards

Andy sparrow

Hey Andy - Nina here! I was camping the other side of you I was going to say hello when I got back as I saw your bike, but I think I heard you snoring in your tent...!

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Can I just say what a fantastic time I had joining you all at Squires Gate cafe Friday night and completing my first 1,000 iron Butt ride.

I came on my own and ended up going home making many many new friends and friendships that will last a long time.

I ended up camping next to two ambassadors for ironbutt and The Royal British Legion Monica and her sister Janet ( aka the chuckle sisters)
Amazing women and great personalities.

I spoke to Phil the president but at the time I wasn’t aware of who he was. A very friendly guy and helpful chap. A man very much passionate about riding and comradeship for all his members who gave an emotional speech prior to retiring for the night before the start of the ride.

I was looking forward to doing the ride a long while ago and it didn’t disappoint. The thrill of the achievement hasn’t wained.

A big thank you to all your staff and volunteers who made the experience enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you so much. Regards

Andy sparrow
AS they say "Welcome to insanity" the world has become a smaller place. :):)

Hey Andy - Nina here! I was camping the other side of you I was going to say hello when I got back as I saw your bike, but I think I heard you snoring in your tent...!
Bloody hell nina I was wondering how to get hold of you. Glad you have replied otherwise I’d have to wait till next year.

How did you get on? The weather turned really bad for the last 30 miles thick fog.

email address [email protected]

Cheers Andy

Bloody hell nina I was wondering how to get hold of you. Glad you have replied otherwise I’d have to wait till next year.

How did you get on? The weather turned really bad for the last 30 miles thick fog.

Cheers Andy

Cheers Andy
Yeah good thanks - left around 5.10am and got back about a little before 1am. We had a fair amount of fog up around Wick, so that was slow going at times - and then fog somewhere between Berwick and Squires. I think the majority did our route (either clockwise or anti) so plenty of company.

Packed up my tent when I got back and continued home. The lure of my own bed was too strong!

When did you get back? I’ll drop you an email...