Kactus Kilo a 1000 miles in 24 hours in the scenic Southwest

Rony6ble

Premier Member
I’d like to invite you to join us for the Kactus Kilo. The Kactus Kilo is a 1000 mile ride for charity on April 15 (check in on April 14) based in Kingman, AZ. check out our webpage:

bit.ly/rnrevents

• Riders Meeting on Friday evening 4/14 - We'll feed you and hand out your packet with your T-Shirt, Rider Placard, List of required locations.

• Launch on Saturday morning 4/15 - We will handle all your paperwork for the Iron Butt Association and send you on your way, two riders at a time. You will have a mandatory first stop where a Rods N' Rides staffer will take a second odometer reading.

• Ride - After the brief odometer check, you will head to a series of 2- 4 locations somewhere in the southwest states. You will take a digital photo that includes your placard, your bike, and the target.

• Arrive - The checkpoint in Kingman, AZ will open no earlier than 16 hours from the beginning time. Your goal is to arrive with all targets documented within 24 hours and recording a minimum of the projected mileage on your odometer.

• Awards Banquet (well, sortof) - We will feed you one more time and hand out certificates to all who meet the requirements.

• Iron Butt Association membership! - If you properly complete all requirements, you will earn a Saddle Sore certificate from the IBA. We do all the route planning and all the paperwork! How can you beat that?

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Hoping this will be well attended and repeated annually. Unfortunately, I cannot participate this year as I am committed to the San Diego Sheriff Department Search and Rescue Academy Jan-May. Thanks for organizing a Southwest ride event.

Scott

Rony6ble

Premier Member
Hoping this will be well attended and repeated annually. Unfortunately, I cannot participate this year as I am committed to the San Diego Sheriff Department Search and Rescue Academy Jan-May. Thanks for organizing a Southwest ride event.

Scott
Scott, this is our first year and we plan to do this yearly. I could send you the checkpoint locations at the same time we give the riders the route. Maybe you could visit one or two checkpoints and see some of the riders.
Thanks for keeping us all safe in the San Diego area.

Regards
Alex