LDrider forum?

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
I have heard about the LDrider forum, I went on the site and don't see anything new on the forums, I sent in my email address and it said there is a list, what's the list and how do I ask questions on there?

wavid

Dave Long
Premier Member
Rodney, please go to: http://ibdone.org/mailman/listinfo/ldrider_ibdone.org and sign up. It may take a few days to start receiving posts. Yes, ldrider is somewhat like a yahoo group. People start threads - I find some interesting, some are obviously just friends communicating. I recommend receiving the posts (if you desire) in clusters; otherwise, you will be receiving numerous emails daily. I have learned quite a bit just by reading some of the posts.

By the way, I have enjoyed your enthusiasm and your inquisitive nature. Keep it up!

Dave Long

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Is it like yahoo groups?
It's an email list, not a forum. Started (and still run) by Joe Denton to support his 1997 IBR entry, it has grown into a wonderful source of information. Highly recommended!

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

rodneyw71

KLR'er
Premier Member
It's an email list, not a forum. Started (and still run) by Joe Denton to support his 1997 IBR entry, it has grown into a wonderful source of information. Highly recommended!

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
I got the email saying I am approved to email, but I don't see what people are talking about, I'm getting emails with other people's conversations, but I'm looking for a guy who did the 2011 Ironbutt rally on a klr, do I just send an email saying I'm wanting to talk to him?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I got the email saying I am approved to email, but I don't see what people are talking about, I'm getting emails with other people's conversations, but I'm looking for a guy who did the 2011 Ironbutt rally on a klr, do I just send an email saying I'm wanting to talk to him?
As I said, it's an email list - people send emails to the list, which are then sent out to the other list subscribers, either as individual emails or in digest form a couple of times a day.

The rider you refer to is Earl Damron. He ended up DNFing the 2011 IBR due to an electrical problem on the last leg, as I recall. He may or may not be on LDRider, but the way to find out is to send an email to the list paging him and asking him to contact you.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
<...> He may or may not be on LDRider, but the way to find out is to send an email to the list paging him and asking him to contact you.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
If he's not on LDrider, there may be someone that knows how to contact him and can get in touch that way.

As a fairly small group spread out all over, it's amazing who knows who!