FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Few have done it.
Can you take a leap of faith?
Only possible every 4 years.
Ride a Saddlesore 1000 in a leap year on 29th February and get a certificate to commemorate your once in 4 years ride.

Last edited:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Sorry NL, but I will probably spend more time in Belgium than NL

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
I think I might have a crack at this. My route comes in at 1010 miles - cutting it too fine? Anybody care to take a look at my proposed gpx?
Hi, I put your route in to myrouteapp.com and it comes out at 957 miles on the Tom Tom and Google Maps and 1024 on the Here (Garmin) map so you need to add some miles, perhaps head a bit further north?

You can send a proposed route to [email protected] ahead of a ride and Martin (not me) will have a look at it for you. Here is a different route, unverified, for your consideration although you may have to take it slightly further north.

Good luck!

Attachments

andcam

Premier Member
Interesting! I think I'll flip Swansea and Plymouth, that adds 40-odd miles. That route forms the basis of my Fools Gold plan, that is basically that same but with Perth up top.

Hi, I put your route in to myrouteapp.com and it comes out at 957 miles on the Tom Tom and Google Maps and 1024 on the Here (Garmin) map so you need to add some miles, perhaps head a bit further north?

You can send a proposed route to [email protected] ahead of a ride and Martin (not me) will have a look at it for you. Here is a different route, unverified, for your consideration although you may have to take it slightly further north.

Good luck!

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
No such thing as bad weather just bad kit.
I'll be riding 1000 miles to the European Ride to eat in Holland via France and Germany. Leaving Bristol around 5pm via the chunnel

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
There will be another day, OK 4 years from now, but safety first.

The Iron Butt Association is dedicated to safe, long-distance, endurance motorcycle riding. Originated and headquartered in the United States, we have over 60,000 members world-wide. One of our more popular slogans is: "The World Is Our Playground."

Firstpeke

2024 Ride route planned, just depends on the weather, or more correctly, a lack of snow and ice....

Heated gear was tested on my recent BBG1500 and was working well!