Lighthouse Tour challenge Series

Splitter142

Premier Member
There are a few around Ireland that are de commissioned, so was wondering about them. Do the lights have to be commissioned or de commissioned.?

Avi Azrieli

Premier Member
I’m not an official IBA scorer, so I’m only speaking from my experience.

The rules/definition do not require the lighthouse to be commissioned or active.

My ride included some active and some deactivated lighthouses and navigation lights. My understanding is that, as long as they are listed in one of the sources of lighthouse locations, and you can take a photograph after riding to the vicinity on your motorcycle, you can include them.

By the way, if the lighthouse is not accessible by motorcycle and the bike is not in the photo, it’s a good idea to have some proof that you rode to the area, such as Spotwalla Tracking, a gas receipt from nearby, etc.

Splitter142

Premier Member
I’m not an official IBA scorer, so I’m only speaking from my experience.

The rules/definition do not require the lighthouse to be commissioned or active.

My ride included some active and some deactivated lighthouses and navigation lights. My understanding is that, as long as they are listed in one of the sources of lighthouse locations, and you can take a photograph after riding to the vicinity on your motorcycle, you can include them.

By the way, if the lighthouse is not accessible by motorcycle and the bike is not in the photo, it’s a good idea to have some proof that you rode to the area, such as Spotwalla Tracking, a gas receipt from nearby, etc.
Thanks
As well to ask as not.