Long Distance Endurance Motorcycling - 48 State Challenge!

Thanks for the video. Enjoyed watching the motorcycle ride the route of the last day on the map. Congratulations again on completing the ride.

-Mark

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks for the video. Enjoyed watching the motorcycle ride the route of the last day on the map. Congratulations again on completing the ride.

-Mark
I did have to steal that idea from elsewhere...not Oscar or Emmy material by any means, but that :20 managed to finish the story, even if I didn't have video of that last day of riding.
Was that a sighting of Sasquatch at 10:41? :)
:eek:

:cool:

The issue with lack of video on the last day has been identified :doh

https://kwthom.blogspot.com/2018/12/a-ha-problem-solved.html
Watched your short video about the unplanned dirt ride. It is a reality that road construction will happen one must learn to ride through it. Thanks for showing how it is done. I have put many dirt road miles on my CB550F just started venturing out on them with the Goldwing GL1200A this fall. I am still learning the quirks of dirt riding on a big bike. That has not stopped me from filming a ride down a dirt road.
-Ride Safe,
Mark

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've done a lot of dirt road riding on Goldwings...quite a bit of it has been two-up.

What was I thinking? :eek:

Practice...for those types of road surfaces that tend to unexpectedly pop up 1500 miles from home.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Planning a 48 this summer. Did you ever come ups with an approximate overall cost (Hotels/gas/food) for the 9 day ride? Thanks, Kono (IBA 12,310)
Less than 100/day for lodging, food turned into an afterthought, so gas at the prevailing national average was used as estimates.

It's simply the cost of the ride...and I was okay with that.

Last edited: