Looking for a (edit) TOUR GUIDE somewhere near Pike's Peak for upcoming BBG1500

UPDATE :
Thank you to all the people that have offered advice and suggestions; you guys/gals are the best.
I have resolved my concerns in regards to getting a witness through the help of the people that have reached to me via PM and by replying below.

Now, my request has changed slightly.... Assuming all goes well, and I arrive near Pike's Peak on the Monday night as planned, then I would be hanging around the area, doing a little sight-seeing, including riding both Pike's Peak and Mount Evans on Tuesday June 19th, before heading to Albuquerque on Wednesday.

So, anyone feel like playing tour-guide on the 19th? Leisurely paved back-road type riding....
I'll buy lunch.. ;-)

Hello all.

On Monday June 18, 2018 I will be attempting my first BBG1500. I did the SS1000 last year to qualify for this.

My plan is to leave the Toronto Ontario area around Midnight Sunday which would get me to the Pike's Peak area between 9pm and 10pm Monday.
I have no shortage of witnesses at my start point, but I don't know anyone in Colorado. I'm not particularly fond of the idea of trusting a gas station attendant or motel clerk to respond to any questions the IBA might have for them.

I am quite happy to adjust my route so that my end point suits the location of the witness.

Is there anyone with 100 miles of Pike's Peak that is willing to help me out?

*edit- corrected the arrival time.

Attachments

Last edited:

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
There are several members that are in the Denver metro area, but before you discount trusting a gas station attendant or motel clerk about signing your witness form after the ride is completed, it's typically not that difficult to get someone to put a name and mailing address on your form.

If you're ending point is only a few miles away from where you're resting after the ride, it's sometimes better being rested and refreshed -then- make the 'IBA Elevator Speech™' to a person (or two, in your case) that would claim that you're at the spot you claimed to be.

Luck to ya!

Update.. It just occurred to me that my destination is in a different time zone... I would be arriving in Colorado between 9 and 10pm....

Yes. Premier members have the option of using a procedure that doen't require start and end witnesses.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Ira;
Thanks.. going to process that application now.

Okay; submitted the purchase, got the confirmation email... So, I guess the next question is will I be getting some kind of package in the mail that will outline the procedures available for Premier members?

Last edited:

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Ira;
Thanks.. going to process that application now.

Okay; submitted the purchase, got the confirmation email... So, I guess the next question is will I be getting some kind of package in the mail that will outline the procedures available for Premier members?
I just sent you a PM with the info.

Ira