Lots of questions

Morning all.
A friend of mine is planning on doing JOGLE via the 3 peaks Ben Nevis, Scafell and Snowdonia. Getting receipts from shops near the bases of them. Which will be over 1,000 miles, there will 6 of us doing it.
We plan to ride up from Somerset on a Friday (27 May) stop somewhere around Carlisle then up to JOG on Saturday stopping over night B&B and doing the ride on the Sunday before the bank holiday Monday.

My questions are:

1: If the garage is in Wick (Tesco 24hr) and l get my receipt for my start time apart from a witness at JOG, how does the time start from JOG or Wick and the milage difference from the two places

2: At Lands end, fuel receipt from Penzance and carpark receipt if possible, plus end witness.
Milage record

Also can someone tell me the lodging place in JOG

Ta

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
http://www.seaviewjohnogroats.co.uk/

Rules for UK 4 Corners gives:
If you arrive outside normal trading hours and are unable to obtain start or end
receipts at Land‛s End, a receipt from Penzance 24 hour petrol station will be
accepted, and the verification team will add 10 miles and 15 minutes to your
ride. Likewise, if unable to obtain a start or end receipt at John O‛Groats a
receipt from Wick 24 hour petrol station will be accepted, and the verification
team will add 20 minutes and 16 miles to your ride.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
If you mean Scafell Pike Rick, being as it is one of the 3 peaks (highest mountain in England) then if you time it right you should be able to get a receipt from the Wasdale Head Inn.
For Ben Nevis you could could try the Glen Nevis Youth hostel, they might have something you could buy. And for Snowdon you can get a car park machine receipt from Pen-y-Pass car park at the top of the Llanberis pass. Failing that there's also a cafe there too.

I've walked the 3 Peaks and the driving bit was what took so long, not that you'll have that hassle.

You might see some of us about during the Brit Butt Rally which is on the same weekend. o_O