Manifold grilling

Traxx

Premier Member
During my Jeeping days we would tuck a foil wrapped meal between the exhaust manifold and head in the morning and have a hot meal ready by lunch.
I was wondering if y’all ever do that. I believe on my TEX XRX there is definitely enough heat but trying to find a place to put my tacos is not looking good. Just a early morning random thought.

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Good question and not a bad idea - but I would worry a MC is a little more sensitive to cooling and I would be concerned with either blocking incoming air or heat venting. However, we have some creative geniuses and I'm looking forward to reading their responses.

Traxx

Premier Member
Anybody can grab a hotdog or sammich at the gas station. But think of the bragging rights when you pull in to the camp ground at the end of the day and have a piping hot plate of steak and potatoes with carrots slow cooked on your motorcycle.
Seriously, tacos and burritos have been the easiest to deal with at least on the jeep. I think there may be space on the exhaust pipes right where they 90 to the rear of the bike. Nice little gap between the pipe and block. Mmmmmmmm Tacos.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
As big of a behemoth as a GL1800 is, I really couldn't find an *easily* accessible....Well...wait. That's not true.

Time for a story :).

Several years ago, my wife had a seminar to attend in Palo Alto. We took the bike up there, with our small tow-behind trailer with enough gear for her to be in working clothing during the three days she was dealing with work stuff.

I got the opportunity to tag along, and while they were doing work stuff, I was doing small day trips - primarily in the South Bay area.

When we left Palo Alto, we were then on tour for the next four days, wandering thru Yosemite and Sequoia on our way back home. Now, we didn't have a *lot* of time, but it was enough to at least go "oh, yes, we need to go back and do this area again!"

The first day was not long; enough time to get out of the urban area, and I found a nice simple motel in Sonora, CA. Just around the corner from the motel within walking distance was a laundromat. We both could use a few clean clothes (we weren't nearly as tour-experienced back then as we are today) and lo-and-behold, a Pizza Hut next door - dinner!

We'd ordered a dozen wings and a small-ish pizza to share. What we got was a small-ish pizza, and two-dozen wings! :eek:

At the end of the meal, I'd asked for aluminum foil. We wrapped up the remaining dozen chicken wings, and I put them in the saddlebag.

The next day, after several hours of riding later, we were planning a picnic lunch. From the cooler that the trailer had on it was drinks, a couple of pieces of fruit, and cheese sticks. A bag of chips was extracted from the trailer body (small goodie-bag was in side) along with our leftover chicken wings, warmed in the closed confines of a black Goldwing saddlebag.

Our picnic spot was a table in Yosemite Valley that overlooked Yosemite Falls. One of my more memorable road-side meals enjoyed while on two-wheels.

Warming something already cooked (mmmmm - tacos!) could be do-able. Actually cooking from start? Probably not on many bikes - mine included.