Mappite - On-line Route Generation Tool

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I was recently made aware of an on-line GPX generating tool. Some of you guys might be interested. It seems to save map data in browser cache, but there is also a method for import and export available.

mappite - the fastest route planner

It generates GPX files in all of the common variants - routes, waypoints and trips. Whether or not we can consider this a viable alternative to Basecamp in this community is debatable.

Some videos on how it functions located here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJxebv2y3DJsLm2yudi9Wg

Download from a computer, and upload into your specific GPS is an exercise left to the user. Just too many variations.

Again, not affiliated with the author, but the link is now saved in my browser favorites!

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've learned that there is a 50 waypoint limit and a roughly 3000 Miles limitation on the length of a route, due to the underlying code and it's limits.

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It won't work for rally bonus locations.
Far too many specific locations missing.
For example, most of the houses on my street.
Having lived here 30 years, I can assure you, my house is here...:D

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
It won't work for rally bonus locations.
Far too many specific locations missing.
For example, most of the houses on my street.
Having lived here 30 years, I can assure you, my house is here...:D
Interesting. You are the third person that has mentioned some missing data. The developer is on ADVRider.com

My understanding is it's using OSM data.

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
When I replied in 2021, the screenshot I posted was the latest version. Not surprising that there have been updates since then. The current version is certainly a better app.