Marco Almaraz need our help

Many of you know, or know of, Marco Almaraz @IBAMXPREZ. He's the president of the Iron Butt Association Mexico and Asphalt Rats Endurance Motorcycling, and he puts on legendary rallies all around the world. Maybe he's crafted a custom sticker or logo for you, or maybe you've enjoyed the incredible new IBA cert graphics and logos without even realizing that Marco was the man behind the designs. Or maybe you've had an emergency on the road and been on the receiving end of his tireless (and often anonymous) efforts to make sure every rider - and their bike - makes it home.

NOW HE URGENTLY NEEDS OUR HELP

Marco learned last week that he has a LIFE THREATENING congenital heart defect that needs emergency surgery to correct. He has state health insurance which covers a good portion of the expenses, but they have been told to expect out-of-pocket costs of $600,000 Pesos ($35,000 USD).

Very few people are prepared to receive this kind of news. This surgery is not optional and cannot be delayed. He is being transported to the National Institute of Cardiology in Mexico City today, but hospitals in Mexico require payment in full before he will be able to leave.

Because of the cost and complications involved in sending many small payments to Marco and his wife Ellen in Mexico (on top of the obvious fact that they have way more pressing things on their minds), I (Wendy Crockett) will be collecting donations on their behalf through my personal PayPal, [email protected], then making one lump sum payment directly to the hospital.

If you are in Mexico, there are fundraising efforts already underway that will allow you to donate directly to Marco & Ellen. You can also contact me privately for bank transfer info. There will be a huge fundraiser concert Feb 25 at the Iron Horse Saloon in Chapala, so watch their social medias for that announcement soon. The Guadalajara Reporter will also be running an article with donation details.

Marco has done so much for so many. This community is generous beyond words, so it's my hope that we can pull together to lift some of this mental and financial burden off them. Whether you can donate a lot, a little, or just help share this far and wide, everything helps get them closer to their goal.

Thank you guys.

Attachments