Mile-eaters recognition

Reader57

What is the procedure for Mile Eater recognition? I know that I am recognised because I received a tshirt I ordered.

These twelve months give me an opportunity for a Silver membership and I was wondering if you have to apply for Silver or does it get granted automatically. I am aware if you want a certificate you need to apply and pay the fee. But if you don't want the certificate, is the award listed anyway?

tj189

Premier Member
What is the procedure for Mile Eater recognition? I know that I am recognised because I received a tshirt I ordered.

These twelve months give me an opportunity for a Silver membership and I was wondering if you have to apply for Silver or does it get granted automatically. I am aware if you want a certificate you need to apply and pay the fee. But if you don't want the certificate, is the award listed anyway?
Peter, with the IBA main website down, possibly until the end of the month, I am unable to see if you are listed for any of the Mile Eater awards, if you have completed two rides you are eligible for the first level, which is possibly why you were able to purchase the tshirt.
You will need to apply for the Mile Eater Silver as per the instructions here http://www.ironbutt.com/mileeater/ a link can also be found on the IBA Australia web site to that page. For an award to be recognised it needs to be verified, part of that process includes the certificate.

sixty6north

I applied for my Silver Mile-eater in August . . . . radio silence except from Howard who has said he would chase up MK (after I contacted him to see if I could get an update) - after several attempts to follow up, still nothing. Its pretty frustrating when they take your dough, but don't deliver. I am going to write and ask them to just send my money back . . . can't be bothered any more.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Steady on Rob. The dough is what...$14 bucks or something? You've taken the time to submit it so rather than 'can't be bothered anymore', just wait. Howard has sent the reminder, you're in the queue. I think I waited a couple for years for my Gold to be processed, but it didn't stop me riding or anything.

I understand that Mike does all of these Mile Eaters Certificates himself.

With 60 odd thousand riders in the IBA there are now probably hundreds with Mile Eater Certificates of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium to wade through. It is the recognition by Mike himself that I value, rather than the mere paper - though the graphics are very cool.

We know you've done some stellar rides all over the place. Hang in there and post up a pic when you open the envelope. :)

sixty6north

Steady on Rob. The dough is what...$14 bucks or something? You've taken the time to submit it so rather than 'can't be bothered anymore', just wait. Howard has sent the reminder, you're in the queue. I think I waited a couple for years for my Gold to be processed, but it didn't stop me riding or anything.

I understand that Mike does all of these Mile Eaters Certificates himself.

With 60 odd thousand riders in the IBA there are now probably hundreds with Mile Eater Certificates of Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium to wade through. It is the recognition by Mike himself that I value, rather than the mere paper - though the graphics are very cool.

We know you've done some stellar rides all over the place. Hang in there and post up a pic when you open the envelope. :)
You know what Peter - I am feeling pretty snarky at the moment as I am owed a bunch of money (and I am talking 6 figures here) by a client who is well overdue - I think it is blurring my view of a few things at the moment - 'specially when it comes to getting paid or getting what you paid for - but perspective is important.

Thanks for calling me on this - I will chill out and be patient.

Thanks

Rob

Reader57

I feel your pain Rob! I get to deal with the major supermarkets who feel it is fine to ask you to prove that a whole truck of fruit actually arrived, even when you have proof of delivery and the buyer wasn't chasing the order.

That's what bikes are for. One tank of fuel to forget the troubles and the other tanks to enjoy!

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I applied for my Silver Mile-eater in August . . . . radio silence except from Howard who has said he would chase up MK (after I contacted him to see if I could get an update) - after several attempts to follow up, still nothing. Its pretty frustrating when they take your dough, but don't deliver. I am going to write and ask them to just send my money back . . . can't be bothered any more.
Rob,

I refunded your money. We are not sure what is happening, we mailed the first one mid-August and then a follow up one per your note to Howard in early November. I made up a new package today, Donna will send it our Friday, if you don't get it in 10 days let us know.

Sorry for all the hassle. Some of the awards DO take months as we do a lot of updates to the database we are moving to when a Mile Eater is submitted. But in your case, all the rides Howard did was already in the new database also so it was not a huge deal to process.

Mike

The postal service from the US to here is appalling at the moment. My latest SS cert was post marked in Jacksonville 1oth Nov and arrived at my house 20th Dec. I don't know if the hold up was with US post or Aussie post but I have my suspicions.
cheers
Harryr

tj189

Premier Member
You know what Peter - I am feeling pretty snarky at the moment as I am owed a bunch of money (and I am talking 6 figures here) by a client who is well overdue - I think it is blurring my view of a few things at the moment - 'specially when it comes to getting paid or getting what you paid for - but perspective is important.

Thanks for calling me on this - I will chill out and be patient.

Thanks

Rob
Started a conversation with you Rob, cheers

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The postal service from the US to here is appalling at the moment. My latest SS cert was post marked in Jacksonville 1oth Nov and arrived at my house 20th Dec. I don't know if the hold up was with US post or Aussie post but I have my suspicions.
cheers
Harryr

Just as a Ref to Post .. Yes it can take a month to 6 weeks to process through the OZ system which I have experienced but even in the UK it can take the same time ......
Communication is the best policy to keep everyone happy I feel and a Verification Status system would be useful if implemented.
It's not that difficult to do especially if the IBA site/Database is being upgraded ...