Minnesota 2020 Registration is Open!

rickcorwn

Registration is now open for the Team Strange Minnesota 2020, 20/20 Hindsight, June 11-14, 2020. The Minnesota 2020 will be a 2-day scavenger hunt style rally looking back on the most loved and most loathed TeamStrange bonuses over the last 25 years. This won't be just a re-hash of old bonuses, but will include some new twists and turns to some legendary bonuses, in addition to new and fresh locations. Start and finish will be at MotoPrimo in Lakeville, MN. If you're looking for a shakedown before Butt Lite X this would be perfect. For more info go here http://www.teamstrange.com/2020/mn1k/index.htm Don't need any more convincing you can register here https://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=682

Is it June yet??

I have never done a rally and am considering riding this one. Trying to educate myself on how to have a succesfull rally. I have read the rules but am looking for more information.

What I am looking for is a good tutorial on deciding what bonus to choose and how not to leave points on the table?

Thanks for your help.

-Mark

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have never done a rally and am considering riding this one. Trying to educate myself on how to have a succesfull rally. I have read the rules but am looking for more information.

What I am looking for is a good tutorial on deciding what bonus to choose and how not to leave points on the table?

Thanks for your help.

-Mark
Lol every rally veteran here would like to read that tutorial.

rickcorwn

A thread in the General Discussion is a great idea, tap in to the collective Wisdom of the Forum.

Some people use massive spread sheets with multipul mapping programs and wifi connections to the hotel big screen. Others use paper maps, highlighters and string.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
A thread in the General Discussion is a great idea, tap in to the collective Wisdom of the Forum.

Some people use massive spread sheets with multipul mapping programs and wifi connections to the hotel big screen. Others use paper maps, highlighters and string.
...and a cigarette. Do not forget the cigarette.

:D

rickcorwn

There are just 91 days left before registration closes for the 2 day TeamStrange MN2020. The MN2020 will not be Laura Ingalls Wilder free, there will be coffee mugs, there will be PIE!, there will be Waffle House, there will be the non Australian version of benches. Don't put it off this won't happen for another 10 years! June 11-14 start and finish in Lakeville MN more info here http://www.teamstrange.com/2020/mn1k/index.htm or go straight to registration https://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=682

The MN2020 will be my first rally event :)
XPLSV,
I rode my first rally, the Team Paula Rally last August and it was a blast! The Team Strange crew is top notch and did a fantastic job. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful to me. I'm also riding this one and looking forward to it. Good luck.

rickcorwn

Well it happened, we need to postpone the MN2020. As I mentioned in my earlier email to the riders the new dates will be August 13-16. Anyone who can't make those dates work can get a refund. The new registration closing date will be July 23, we will refund entries up to that date. If you need to withdraw from the rally contact me directly at [email protected]

The way this pandemic is going even these August dates can't be etched in stone yet. The next decision date will be July 11, keeping my fingers crossed.

I know that those are the same dates as the H3W rally and I'd encourage anyone who is signed up for that rally to ride the H3W since they chose those dates first.

**IMPORTANT** I need to know that all riders got this email and are aware of the new dates so please respond to me at [email protected]

rickcorwn

Well it's come to this, the MN2020 is canceled. There's just too much uncertainty and too many different and varied regulations from state to state and even within some states. Everyone who paid will get a refund.

In 2021 we will return to a 24 hour format for the Minnesota 1,000, at least I hope so because things could still be a mess. I want to hold off on the 48 hour format until we can feel good about sending people to the farther reaches of North America.

Thanks to all the riders and volunteers!

Well it's come to this, the MN2020 is canceled. There's just too much uncertainty and too many different and varied regulations from state to state and even within some states. Everyone who paid will get a refund.

In 2021 we will return to a 24 hour format for the Minnesota 1,000, at least I hope so because things could still be a mess. I want to hold off on the 48 hour format until we can feel good about sending people to the farther reaches of North America.

Thanks to all the riders and volunteers!
Sad to hear but not surprised.

-Mark