Motorcycling is dangerous, ATGATT

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Someone had to do this so it might as well be me.:D

Many aspects of motorcycling, not all of which include actually riding, can be dangerous if not done correctly or when the rider's bucket of luck has become empty. Risk assessment should always begin with the question "will I remain safe if I remove my helmet while ..."

I'm just going to leave this here.:cool:

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes . . . while taking a bloody shower after the rally has finished :eek: :mad:

So always check the bath you step into has the correct anti-slip surface or at the least a rubber bath mat because if not you could find yourself slipping over catching your lower back on the edge of the bath then cracking your head open on the nearby sink edge o_O

Fast forward almost 5 hours, 2 stitches and one CT scan later and I got back to the hotel (hungry & still smelly) to catch the start of the finishing ceremony.

I felt better after a delicate sleep that night and the helmet didn't hurt that much putting it on for the ride home the next morning. Took it steady and was all OK.

A big thanks to Bob for coming up to my room to help sort me out and for the genuine concern and mickey taking that followed. Your names have gone on ze list!

I think I'll wear my lightweight rally jelly shoes in the future while tired and taking a shower :D

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ouch!
Just thinking about what actually is the worst pain here: the slip and aftermath - or having it posted in this internet thingy where everyone else will read about it.

Oh well - that's what friends are for, I guess.
Selling you out and letting everyone know... :D

We'll take note of this for the upcoming IBA Scandinavian Rally and inspect all the hotel rooms before hand.
...to check for anti slip-mats?

Noo! To install Go-Pros so that we all can have a laugh afterwards.

Yes . . . while taking a bloody shower after the rally has finished :eek: :mad:

So always check the bath you step into has the correct anti-slip surface or at the least a rubber bath mat :D
Just goes to show Mark that a birthday suit doesn't cut the mustard with regards to ATGATT!

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
I can reveal that Mark's lack of response on this thread is due to spending all his spare time experimenting with alternate packing strategies, to determine which one will allow the carriage of a bathmat with the minimum disruption. I also hear a rumour that Dave Badcock has been tasked with investigating production of a combined shower cap/impact protection device. With IBA UK branding, of course.

Regards,
Martin