Much farkled R1200GS for sale

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
In case you aren't in the FB group... my 2007 R1200GS is for sale. It was originally owned by Touratech, so it was fitted with every accessory they could possibly get on it. The main one from an IBA point of view is the twin auxliary fuel tanks, adding 16-ish litres to the standard tank's 20 litres; a couple of times, I've covered 375 miles between stops. It has Ohlins shocks front and rear, full Remus exhaust with titanium Hexacone silencer, Touratech Comfort seats, Givi topbox, rather battered ally panniers, crash bars... list price of all the bits fitted when I bought it came to more than I paid!

It's scruffy, but sound; if I were keeping it, I'd get the corrosion on the rear wheel and the front of the engine sorted, and get the shocks serviced and shortened - probably with a softer spring in the rear. It had a replacement gearbox in the summer after sixth gear shed a few teeth on the Brit Butt Rally - replacement had 7,500 miles on it, from James Sherlock. It's recently been serviced and MOTed, and it's on almost new Michelin Road 5 tyres. It's got just over 40,000 miles on it.

If it doesn't sell here, I'll stick it on AutoTrader and eBay, probably for £6,000; but for IBA folks, I'll take £5,500. Let me know if you're interested.

DSCF2427 Resize.JPG DSCF2428 Resize.JPG DSCF2429 Resize.JPG DSCF2430 Resize.JPG DSCF2431 Resize.JPG DSCF2432 Resize.JPG DSCF2433 Resize.JPG

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Note that the Spot mount on the right has already been removed; the Touratech TomTom mount will also be removed prior to sale. Any questions, let me know.

Regards,
Martin