My First IB Certification -- SS 1000

Nomad

Premier Member
In the premier issue of the Iron Butt magazine was an article that said the Transportation Secretary of the United States reported that of all the vehicles in the nation only 2% of them were motorcycles. If you do the math it works out that only 1% of that 2% were long distant endurance riders.
Thus I repeat my previous comment but this time to all of you. Welcome to the 1% of 2%'

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Congratulations to you and your spouse, Road Runner. It sounds like you definitely have the "defective LD riding gene". Sorry to tell you, but there is no cure and the only known treatment is to do more rides. But this condition isn't nearly as bad as catching the COVID virus, I hear.

BTW, make sure you get a receipt at any "corners" in your route, i.e. - where your route in general changes directions from N to E, N to W, E to S, W to N, etc. , etc. especially if you aren't submitting a SPOT track.

Last edited:

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
BTW, I have never submitted a non-standard ride for pre-approval and have never had a problem having a non-standard ride certified. My advice is just to make sure doing a certain route does indeed exceed the number of required miles ( using Google Maps, Bing Maps, Base Camp, Microsoft Streets & Trips, etc. ) and it is documented adequately with receipts that show the time, date, and location. I like using my old S&T because I can stipulate stop times and speed and it's very easy to use. It's not "supported" any more, but who cares - it still works just fine. It's poor when it comes to locating gas stations -many aren't shown. I use Google maps to locate gas stations and their hours of operation.

I could be wrong, but I bet the IBA is busy enough w/o having to pre-approve every non-standard ride.

Maybe Ira would like to comment ?

Last edited: