My IBA Certification Ride - EggSanity 1000 Silver

Hello all

I finally dipped my toe into the IBA world. I tour a fair bit and have done some 600 or more mile days, but never the magic 1000.

Several of my riding buds are IBA members and I have followed the rally since the late 1990's. But I never pulled the trigger on certification.
Now I wish I hadn't waited! Sure I was apprehensive, even a little scared I couldn't hack it. But I had a blast!

I know it was just an EggSanity 1000 Silver, but to me it was a challenge and a great expirence. I felt really good once it was accomplished and even better when it was approved!

Two of my buddies and I left the Kennesaw GA Waffle House at 7:05 am on 4/21/18. We headed for a Huddle House in Mascoutah, IL, our turn around point. We got there, ate and left at 3:17 PM. No drama, just two gas stops and one bio break on the way.

We have Sena com devices and the banter and comments on the passing landscape helped pass the time. Later in the wee hours this banter would help each of us keep a little sharper mentally. We planned ahead and used a charge pack to recharge these twice at the food stops.

After the late lunch omelet we turned back south. Our route took us by Nashville up and back. This was also the night the nut shot up the Waffle House NE of Nashville. Glad that wasn't one of our stops! We finally crossed back into GA a little after midnight and stopped a Royal Waffle King for our third "Egg" chain and a fried egg snack.

Then it was off to our last stop the beginning Waffle House for our celebration breakfast! But wait as we pull in what?? Blue lights everywhere and a full parking lot!

We new it was by KSU, but didn't plan on over rambunctious college kids getting the place closed down! Well we had come too far for to quit, we all pulled in and parked. The police were inside and out but it looked like they were still serving. We breifly discussed finding another Waffle House, but decided what the heck and waded our way in. It was about 2:30 am so we had time.

Luckily for us the police presence seemed to thin the crowd. Imagine that! She we got a booth and had the best tasting eggs of the trip! Paid my final bill at 3:23 AM on 4/22/18.

I still grin when I think about it! I made it! 1056 miles, three different chains, 6 gas stops and 4 timed meals in 20 hours and 18 minutes!

I turned in my paperwork and have received my certificate and number.

Can't thank my buds enough for their support on my initial ride on this new leg of my riding journey!

Yes I'm hooked........there will be more!

Congratulations on completing the ride and thanks for report.

Now for my curiosity questions, what bike did you ride, what size tank do you have, and what was your average mpg?

Thanks,

Mark.