Names & getting old

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
At a very well attended RTE in Verdun over the weekend I am once again reminded of my general incompetence with names and occasional inability to remember what I was told 15 minutes ago. Being pretty deaf doesn't help either :(

We are mostly known to one another by usernames rather than real names and we often go months or years without physical sight of each other. Matching faces with names and names with "who's that then?" isn't always as straightforward as I'd like and I think one solution might be name labels.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone you see at an RTE had a large clear badge on his/her chest giving name & username (if different) in a font large enough to be read without specs at, say, three metres? Yes, I know I can just ask:rolleyes:

This company StickerYou seems to offer a good solution: stick on, peel off custom vinyl stickers. Being a "traditional" US company they don't seem to recognize that life exists outside the USA so probably no use to us but perhaps someone knows of another source. The idea is that if we each have our own supply of customised labels we can arrive at an RTE, apply label when getting off the bike, then remove and restow it before riding home.

thought I'd join in and say yes I always get names wrong mixed up etc went to log in don't do this often could not remember my password got lots of them now remembered I'd wrote it down spent 10 mins looking for it retype it all in and it would not accept me oh bugger whats my username did not write that down dug out the old user name from the previous forum hmmm that's not working then I see next to username type in name or e mail address well blood and thunder there's a fine example of complete incompetence. there could be no hope not only the minds going but body's getting old as well nurturing that back into shape got to get some rides in before May lets hope for some nice days

Attachments

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
You need to upload them to somewhere: photobucket, flickr, etc then click the image icon and post the image url

Or, like this

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I used a UK company to get a fazerphil patch. I'll look it out. Of course you'll all need to get waistcoats, sweatshirt or something to sew the patches onto :)

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Hey I have given most of IBA UK Members a badge at one stage or another, stow it on your bike somewhere and pull it out when required; anyone with out a badge gets the round in, simple!

BTW Bob I'm Dave Badcock, alias GarminDave:

Attachments

AH that's what I was meaning to do well done nice spot in spain big tower was a radio mast screwed my alarm up on bike drove down a mountain with it full blast