New E2E certification Question

I just read all about the new and exciting E2E challenges. I'm a little confused about the I-10 E2E. Why are you under a 48 hour time limit and the 50cc has a 50 hour time limit. Besides having to stay solely on the I-10, aren't they the same ride? Am I missing something?

ScottAL

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
While the shortest city pair for the 50CC Quest is JAX-San Diego, the ride covers any city pair up to 2899 miles in less than 50 hours. Also, while only about 25-30 mins difference I-10 doesn't go to the coast in Jacksonville.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I just read all about the new and exciting E2E challenges. I'm a little confused about the I-10 E2E. Why are you under a 48 hour time limit and the 50cc has a 50 hour time limit. Besides having to stay solely on the I-10, aren't they the same ride? Am I missing something?
Alan ...
The challenge of the I-10 E2E is the requirement of riding exclusively on I-10, including a few urban areas. Many SoCal coast-to-coast riders start other rides in San Diego, rather than Santa Monica, and normally bypass Los Angeles, Phoenix, El Paso, San Antonio, and New Orleans. The E2E rider will motor right through these large cities on I-10. For more of a challenge, the GOLD version of the ride has a 39 hour time limit, with the same route & rules.
... Dave McQueeney, IBA #29