New Here

First, I am a 51 yr old USAF veteran. Never owned a motorcycle until my wife and I purchased a 2016 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited. We are looking to start going long distances. We are in NM so there are so many little ghost towns all over that this is our goal is to go and photograph all we can. I have a friend that has been my guide into the riding world. He too is a USAF vet with an African Twin. This brings me to my question. Are Spyders allowed to compete for things like Saddle Sore 1000.
Thank you,
Mongoose961

Kylearane

Premier Member
First, I am a 51 yr old USAF veteran. Never owned a motorcycle until my wife and I purchased a 2016 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited. We are looking to start going long distances. We are in NM so there are so many little ghost towns all over that this is our goal is to go and photograph all we can. I have a friend that has been my guide into the riding world. He too is a USAF vet with an African Twin. This brings me to my question. Are Spyders allowed to compete for things like Saddle Sore 1000.
Thank you,
Mongoose961
The following is from the IBA FAQ page.

Ride Certifications
1. I ride a trike. Can I qualify for IBA membership?

Trikes are generally acceptable, but contact "info AT ironbutt DOT com" if you have any concern.

I also checked the ride certification list and found more than 200 instances of riders using Spyders. Looks like it shouldn't be a problem, but if you want to be sure email the address above to verify.

From a fellow USAF vet. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

The following is from the IBA FAQ page.

Ride Certifications
1. I ride a trike. Can I qualify for IBA membership?

Trikes are generally acceptable, but contact "info AT ironbutt DOT com" if you have any concern.

I also checked the ride certification list and found more than 200 instances of riders using Spyders. Looks like it shouldn't be a problem, but if you want to be sure email the address above to verify.

From a fellow USAF vet. Good luck and enjoy the ride.
Thank you for the info.

Attachments