Hi all... I am an aging BMW owner from Shropshire. Been riding bikes for the past 40 years all over Europe. Just discovered the joys of scatter rallies - bit late to the party

Run my own business developing logistics software for various industries, and web based business to business ordering systems.

Hoping to complete the SS1000 next year.

Regards

Steve

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Welcome to insanity. Being insane is not mandatory but can be very useful. Try out a few of the RTEs when they start to come up. Usually a good crack with like minded ...............

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
Sounds like you could find your way around a spreadsheet - you should do well in the scatter rally season.

Welcome.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Welcome Steve

Are you signed up for the Jorvik - registrations close tonight hint, hint :cool:

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Welcome to the madness Steve, I was a late starter back in 2015, I love the concept of rallies, not very good at it, but I try...We go to some remote locations, great roads, and some cracking people...I mean really crackers! but we all have a great time...

Welcome Steve

Are you signed up for the Jorvik - registrations close tonight hint, hint :cool:
I certainly am, with the wife on pillion, but.... unfortunately everything relies on the whether the government make decisions and announcements that may have a detrimental effect on my (everybody's) plans. Have booked a hotel for the weekend and keeping my fingers crossed.

Sounds like you could find your way around a spreadsheet - you should do well in the scatter rally season.

Welcome.
I can find my around a spreadsheet, but Yorkshire is a different prospect altogether, especially when trying to play scrabble with place names :confused:. However, I am absolutely loving the concept of the scrabble around Yorkshire theme. Whoever thought that one up is an absolute genius . But... MacDonalds!!!

Welcome to insanity. Being insane is not mandatory but can be very useful. Try out a few of the RTEs when they start to come up. Usually a good crack with like minded ...............
Insanity?? My genetics are Spanish/Irish, but born in England with a Welsh wife... I think that excuses any claims I may have on sanity, it is bred into me . When my mother retired, she moved back to Spain. It was a regular jaunt on a Kawasaki ZX10 and ZZR1100. The best I managed was Alicante to Le Havre in 2 days. I didn't think that was too bad for what was essentially a sports bike, but the wrists were agony. The current Beemer is far more suitable for that type of trek. If anyone is interested the 1200GS will be for sale next year... I want to welcome a nice new(ish) 1250 into the garage.

Welcome to the madness Steve, I was a late starter back in 2015, I love the concept of rallies, not very good at it, but I try...We go to some remote locations, great roads, and some cracking people...I mean really crackers! but we all have a great time...
Only discovered the concept of scatter rallies this year, and completed the NRR Gold... Am now totally addicted... Bring them on :)