Hi to everyone from a new member. About to head out on my first solo ‘big’ ride, Kettering to Mercia Spain on my 2012 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport.
Cheating slightly as I’m ferrying it to Santander then riding across Spain, still a big ride for me! I only passed my test a year ago after getting through a serious illness. Hoping the Guzzi behaves itself
Hopefully the first of many trips!
Lee

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sounds like an epic trip that you'll remember for years to come. Best wishes on weather and seas as well as the Guzzi treating you well.

Firstpeke

Yeah, I was so busy reporting the spammer on the second post I forgot to welcome you and say I hope you enjoy your ride.

We look forward to hearing about your first SS1000......

What a trip, 1000 km in a day! I honestly thought it would be too much but me and the Guzzi got into a rhythm and finished it, both ways.
Outbound the weather was great, not so great on the way back unfortunately
with temps down to 2c in the mountains near Madrid and gale force winds.
Looking forward to my next big ride out

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
At least it stayed above freezing! Any pictures to share from your trip? :cool: Sounds like you and the Guzzi are bonding nicely. Congrats on a nice milestone for your riding. I look forward to reading about your 1600k day at some point. ;)

Cheers Eric, I only passed my test last year after surgery to remove the dreaded in my left lung and the same surgery the following year, that turned out to be benign though. It was kind of proving a point to myself ( and to encourage anyone similar ) that you can still do these things afterwards

Owsley

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi to everyone from a new member. About to head out on my first solo ‘big’ ride, Kettering to Mercia Spain on my 2012 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport.
Cheating slightly as I’m ferrying it to Santander then riding across Spain, still a big ride for me! I only passed my test a year ago after getting through a serious illness. Hoping the Guzzi behaves itself
Hopefully the first of many trips!
Lee