Newbie looking for fellow riders in IN/ OH.

Hey, I'm Chris, sometimes go by Smiley.

I have been bitten by the long distance bug. I just turned in my second SS1000, a loop around Lake Michigan.
My son and I took a two-up trip to Montana in July and met some other IBA members along the way. Coolest people, glad to be associated with them.

I would love to find other LD riders in my area. I live in Indianapolis, but would travel a few hours to join up with others.

Interested in more of the Great Lakes series, 1000, 1500, 2000's.
I am working on a route for an Ohio River ride along the bottom of Ohio and Indiana. The ride looks like a lot of fun but a couple boats on trailers would tank the whole thing. Maybe it would be an off season or middle of the week ride.
Also contemplating a run down to Mobile/Pensacola and back for a 1500.

Love to get some conversations started!

I really enjoyed the UP. I ran west to Peoria before sunup in attempt to avoid the storm s that rolled through on Saturday. I managed to stay on the back edge of some really cool looking clouds and weather fronts for most of the trip. A little windy crossing the Mac bridge, but all in all a fun ride.

Hello Chris. I highly suggest riding the perimeter of the U.P. if you get a chance. The Keweenaw peninsula and Porcupine Mtns are fantastic! I live about 45 miles north of Detroit and would be happy to ride along if able (work and family keep me pretty busy).

I really enjoyed the UP. I ran west to Peoria before sunup in attempt to avoid the storm s that rolled through on Saturday. I managed to stay on the back edge of some really cool looking clouds and weather fronts for most of the trip. A little windy crossing the Mac bridge, but all in all a fun ride.
Welocme, haven't been on much lately so just saw your post. I'm just SE of Indy in Shelbyville. My favorite goto SS1000 is to ride up and cross the bic Mac bridge, gas up in Cedarvile MI in UP then turn around and come back home. Exactly 1027 miles. I've done it for the Memorial ride and regular SS. Love the scenery once you get in Norther MI (scenery in Northern IN ain't much to look at as we all know).

Dan