Newbie Question: Map Documentation for Longer Rides

Hi all!

I am planning my first IBA ride, which will be a SS1000 around Lake Michigan. I plan on electronically submitting my data, and will be using Spotwalla and also creating my route on Google Maps and submitting that link as well.

I'm curious how folks submit their mapped rides for super-long, multiple-day rides. Google Maps only allows for 10 stops/waypoints (as far as I have learned). How do you folks who do the 48-state rides, etc. map out and submit to IBA for certification? Do you strictly use Spotwalla? Or break up your big long trip into multiple Google Map routes? Just curious!

Thanks!

Dan

@ZippyZ Although I have not used Google Maps myself to submit IBA ride documentation, I have used instructions from the attached link to successfully create Google maps in excess of the 10 stop limit.

I'll be hoping this helps and will be wishing you well on your upcoming Lake Michigan SS1000. Be safe and have fun! :cool:

I know the documentation rules don't recommend Google My Maps but that's what I use with no issues. Google My Maps allows you to have 10 lots of 10 waypoint routes. The link below is my route for a multi day rally in NZ called the TT2000, where I completed a BB2500K, with a nested SS1600K during the event.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1sgQzlJAYRaITBavU2SwQt3pgJ1HaN9Yt&usp=sharing
Thanks Hairymcsweary! I'll check out the video. Much appreciated!

@ZippyZ Although I have not used Google Maps myself to submit IBA ride documentation, I have used instructions from the attached link to successfully create Google maps in excess of the 10 stop limit.

I'll be hoping this helps and will be wishing you well on your upcoming Lake Michigan SS1000. Be safe and have fun! :cool:

Thanks so much Street Glider Rider! I'll check out the link and be sure to post after I complete my SS1000!

Thanks Street Slider Rider! How do you submit your IBA ride documentation?