No new bike

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
I have had both bikes for sale for a month on auto trader and MCN and various forums
NOT one call or e-mail so i have put all my bits and farkles back on the GS
and will be taking it off SORN on the 1st of September.
Bollocks to it i'll keep me money under the mattress

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
TBH - it’s the wrong the time of year. Everyone who was planning on buying a bike, has already done so. Any last minute plans on a motorbike adventure somewhere abroad have been scuppered by the latest Covid news. Try again next Feb when people start to think ahead.

Ian M

any particular reason why you didn't trade both in for the new one?

i accept you'll get less but the hassle of selling private isn't appealing

they took my 100K zzr in part-ex so they take any old junk - they just pass it out via their trade links so its probabaly sat in a back street dealer with 50K on and no service book/history

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
I tried three Yamaha dealers given that the XT 600 is twenty years old and the GS is thirteen they weren't interested.

JAORE

Premier Member
I feel your pain. I traded my 2006 V-Rod Roadster in on my 2016 Road Glide Ultra (I got old). The dealer actively encouraged me to sell it saying they were not interested. Only when I told them I'd see what the dealer 50 miles away might offer did they toss a figure on the table.

It wasn't much, but I took it.

Jim in FL

Premier Member
I feel your pain. I traded my 2006 V-Rod Roadster in on my 2016 Road Glide Ultra (I got old). The dealer actively encouraged me to sell it saying they were not interested. Only when I told them I'd see what the dealer 50 miles away might offer did they toss a figure on the table.

It wasn't much, but I took it.
Back when I was having the start antena replaced on my Crossbones I was checking out the Lowrider S. Salesman was all excited with the idea of me trading in my bike, until he called service. The shocked look on his face as he said "How many miles?" was priceless.